Consultant, Program Support
Colleges and Institutes Canada
Increasing the visibility and publicity of the project and effectively communicating with and coordinating activities of 29 partners (Canadian/Kenyan) to improve of quality skills training programs within the Vocational Education and Training (VET) institutions in Kenya. This involved enhancing the project website, developing content on a weekly basis for all social media platforms and also developing the first fact sheet specific to the KEFEP project. It was such a success that it is now being replicated in their other EFE (Education for Employment) programs around the world. One of my main deliverables for KEFEP is to increase the visibility of the project in the media. So far, I have built new relationships with the local media had several articles published in the local newspapers like The Standard and Daily Nation and in an event in Q1 this year, our event was covered on live television.
In addition to this, in June 2018 I was the production manager of the KEFEP documentary where I led a film crew and coordinated over 50 interviews across 19 counties in Kenya, which will be ready later this year, to highlight partnership objectives and strategies both in Kenya and Canada and to gather stories and capture the impact of KEFEP so far.
- Lead in project communications, responsible for increasing the visibility of the KEFEP project with different target audiences in Canada and in Kenya
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written) on all social media platforms
- Creation of press releases and articles for KEFEP and maintain relationships with media houses
- Participate in developing, planning, implementing and managing activities supporting KEFEP
- Provide operational support to member institutions, the funder, associated staff and consultants
- Reviewing narrative reports, concept papers
- Played a key role procurement of equipment for the 10 national polytechnics (CAD 5M budget)
- Provide support to the STA, team members and partner institutions (29)