Consultant, Program Support
Colleges and Institutes Canada
- Implementing the communication strategy of the KEFEP project and increasing its visibility and publicity and effectively communicating with and coordinating activities of 27 partners (Canadian/Kenyan) to improve of quality skills training programs within the Vocational Education and Training (VET) institutions in Kenya.
- Restructured project website, developing content on a weekly basis for all social media platforms
- Developed the first fact sheet specific to the KEFEP project now being replicated in their other EFE (Education for Employment) programs around the world.
- One of my main deliverables for KEFEP is to increase the visibility of the project in the media. So far, I have built new relationships with the local media had several articles published in the local newspapers like The Standard and Daily Nation and in an event in Q1 this year, our event was covered on live television.
- In June 2018 I was the production manager of the KEFEP documentary where I led a stu film crew of journalism students from Durham College and coordinated over 50 interviews across 19 counties in Kenya, that launched in Canada on November 15th to highlight partnership objectives and strategies both in Kenya and Canada and to gather stories and capture the impact of KEFEP so far. Click here: KEFEP Documentary Launch
- Lead in project communications, responsible for increasing the visibility of the KEFEP project with different target audiences in Canada and in Kenya
- Created, curated, and managed all published content (images, video and written) on all social media platforms
- Created press releases and articles for KEFEP and maintain relationships with media houses
- Developed, planned and managed activities supporting KEFEP
- Provide operational support to member institutions, the funder (Global Affairs Canada), associated staff and consultants
- Reviewed and edited narrative reports, concept papers
- Played a key role procurement of equipment for the 10 national polytechnics (CAD 5M budget)
- Provide support to the STA, team members and partner institutions (29)