1982 – 1986
- Apprenticeship Hairdressing through AJ Roberts Pty Ltd trading as ‘The Stag’
- Men’s Co-ordinator at The Stag
- Salons Co-ordinator
- Salon Director
Principal Trainer and Assessor
- World Hairdressing Championships. Washington DC USA. (Means restyle.)
- Traveled around Australia. Spent six months in Kempsey rebuilding a Hairdressing salon. Increased turn over from losing money to having a weekly gross turnover of approximately $ 12 thousand a week. Increased the staff from 2 Qualified Hairdressers to 6 Qualified Hairdressers and two 1st year apprentices (6 months apart).
- Then stayed at Coorabel (Byron Bay) and worked in the “Barbers Shop.” Introduced Ladies Hairdressing and Chemical work. Owner offered to let me buy the Salon but l wanted to raise my children nearer to family.
- Returned to The Stag
- Ran all aspects of Salon including Staff Control, Buying, Marketing and Finances
- Applied for R.T.O and Qualified as a Vocational Trainer and Assessor
- Own and Run Consulting Business in training at VE&T and VCAL levels at individual schools
- Teach Hairdressing, Retail & Marketing
·Currently teaching at Mt Clear College, Marybough Community College*, Cario Community College*, The Stag (Apprentices)
·Teaching Pre-Apprentice Courses at Wendouree College and Ballarat Secondary College (East Ballarat Campus)
·Part time (18 hrs) Hairdressing.
* Cario and Marybough Community Colleges are low socio-economic schools and extra consideration had to be taken in teaching and training these students.