- PC/Technician and Networking Administration
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Full-life cycle portal development- SDLC
- Regulatory Compliance
- Cost Benefits Analysis
- Policy Planning / Implementation
- Portal Development and Architect Solutions: SharePoint 2007
- Data Integrity / Disaster Recovery / Virtual Networking
- Risk Assessment / Impact Analysis
- Contingency Planning
- Corporate and College-level teaching
- Team and Project Leadership
Board Member for Tampa Homeowners Association of Windsor Park, Inc.
Accomplished and technically proficient I.T. Professional with ten (10) years experience motivating and leading project teams to deliver value-added solutions on time, on budget, and transferring the knowledge of these technologies to customers (six years developing/administrating SharePoint implementations). Consistent record of success developing and implementing solutions using industry-leading methodologies such as Microsoft Solutions Framework, Extreme Programming, RUP and Rational Rose. I have a proven ability to train businesses across diverse industries to more efficiently use technology. I utilize creative approaches; such as proof of concept (POC) tests when providing solutions to people and companies; assuring buy-in to solutions. All my visions of successful projects have been through resourceful discovery not reinventing the wheel approach.
My career focus is networking outside of Tampa, Florida with the willingness to travel 100% or relocate elsewhere for the right company. My independent I.T. Consulting practice "sweetear company" has not generated sustainable income 2008/2009; therefore, focusing on permeneant and/or contract to hire career placement.
Microsoft Registered Small Business Partner
Lotus Notes Certified.
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MOSS)
Microsoft Certified Professional MCP-ID#3400488
Platforms: Windows 9x/NT/2000/2003/2008/XP/Vista, MS Exchange Server, UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX), Linux (Red Hat), Mac OS (Panther/Leopard)
Networking: LAN / WAN Administration, VPN, TCP/IP, Novell, SMS/SQL, 100BaseT Ethernet, SecureID
Portals: Vignette, Microsoft SharePoint (WSS3.0, MOSS 2007), WRQ, Plumtree, PHPNuke
Tools: LAN Manager, ISS RealSecure, Checkpoint Firewall, Norton Firewall and Ghost, McAfee/Norton Virus Protection Utilities, HP OpenView, Network Flight Recorder, IBM Tivoli, Tripwire, Snort, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) Access, MS Project, VirtualPC, Parallels, Veritas Backup
Databases: SQL Server 2000/2005/2007, FileMaker Pro 9, DB2, MySQL
Specialty Skills: Lotus Notes Certified Administrator, Radiology application specialist for RADWORKS and Accuview software, Data Migration from Lotus Notes to Exchange, Portal conversion to MOSS, VMWare-ESX 3.0 Server, K2 BlackPoint (Beta) workflow softwarePM: COBIT, Six-Sigma, TQM, XP Programming by Kent Beck, Microsoft Framework Solutions (MFS), RUP, Rational Rose
- 1990's as a manager in the retail sector, my managerial duties were to mold a department of 50 direct reports, along with maintaining the regional sales, cutomers service and efficiency of a big box retail store.
- In 2000, as a consultant and SharePoint developer, my role turned to training groups from 1 to 100 individuals along with leading small project groups of three to five people with entire project management responsibilities.
Over my ten (10) years of I.T., eight (8) years were managing teams along with the implementation of solution; addtionally operating my own independent consulting firm since 1998. The ability to quickly review a problem, apply a solution and measure its success.
- Leadership and strategic direction of a 10,000 user Intranet for Tyco/Ceridian company- leading a team of over 20 people.
- Changing the budgetary and workflow process of technology with the City fo Pinellas park by providing Intranets that add value to citizens of the city and cutting costs of the departments by re-using technology no repaying for what has already been created.
- Internet services manager for Interface Systems- developing portals before they were called portals and integrating paper workflow to online systems reducing costs and providing information faster and under SEC guidelines.
1998 - Jan 2009
SharePoint (MOSS 2007) Architect and Developer | Independent SharePoint Solutions Manager Consultant
Recent MOSS Implementations:
OneTouch Direct: WSS Administration, development of change management application with Corasworks.
PSCU Financial: Proof-of-concept MOSS and Exchange project.
Price Waterhouse and Cooper: MOSS/SharePoint tax implementation program.
Nikon: MOSS migration for high-end search-ability SharePoint portal for Nikon technicians.
Rohm Hass: MOSS performance enhancement, custom team sites.
National Retail Properties: WSS 2.0 migration to MOSS 2007, SQL 2000 to 2005 upgrade.
AvantAir: custom MOSS 2007 portal for flight and fuel operations.
Lead diverse IT projects from development through implementation and support for clients such as Wachovia Bank, Chrysler Corporation, Verizon, and Accenture. Responsible for project management activities, including resource and vendor management, budgeting, and risk management. Significant accomplishments include the following:
- Converted for Pasco County client 100 PDF forms into InfoPath and provided serial workflows into SharePoint MOSS 2007 to manage a paperless environment.
- Developed MOSS 2007 (SharePoint 2007) for Rohm Haas Company implementing workflows, collaboration out-of-box, deploying POC solution stores from I.T. Project management site to a record's management "governance" site repository.
- Lotus Notes/Domino transition to SharePoint MOSS 2007 implementation for Raytheon Company. Running analysis tools to setting mapping expectations transitioning from Domino to SharePoint.
- Installed, capacity planning and migration planning SPS2003 to MOSS2007 for First Advantage Company. 200+ Site collections. 116,000 ghosted or customized pages.
- Architected, implemented and consulted on SharePoint 2003/2007- custom web part development to SharePoint ERP strategy and project management for a billion dollar healthcare company (TYCO now Ceridian) consisting of 26,000 users utilizing SharePoint. Analyzed and developed workflows under K2 software focusing on HR document routing, authorizing and archiving.
- SharePoint consultant for ABC Studios in their migration from WSS to SharePoint 2003, along with Lotus Notes database conversion. Designed and Developed their 2003 SharePoint Portal- conversion process of over 100+ team-sites. Upgrade to SPS2003 for ABC Studios (Disney), along with using custom migration tools. Planned, managed and deployed all SharePoint solutions.
- Trained 25+ users for Wachovia Bank on SharePoint Services.
- Developed Records Management SOX compliancy SharePoint 2007 (MOSS) Portal for South Capital Company.
- Redesigned and implemented e-Government Portal Website for the City of Pinellas Park; designed web graphics, audited web content and developed new content guidelines.
- Implemented MCS and CRM systems for the City of Pinellas Park that reduced labor costs by $226,000.
- Developed Navistar web application for supply process management at Chrysler which now provides an online community decision-making environment for management, suppliers, buyers and engineers.
- Created data analysis programs for Chrysler inventory analysts to improve decision-making processes.
- Provided SharePoint Collaboration and Windows SharePoint Services training to numerous clients.
- Created and implemented a SharePoint portal solution for a large commercial real estate company; integrated existing applications and trained staff of 32 users and administrators.
- Led Global Budgeting/Finance project development team that reduced administrative costs by 55%.
- Provided client management and web development services for several Financial Services companies; solutions included secure EDI and secure online payment systems.
- Led 1.2 million dollar project to consolidate United Healthcare extranets and intranets; streamlined billing, hosting, maintenance and content management processes reduced overall costs by 45%.
- Managed and supported a full lifecycle implementation of an inventory and e-commerce Veterinarian software solution.
- Documented integration of .NET services, SharePoint and Crystal Reports.
- Advised Real Estate and Mortgage Industry professionals regarding development of targeted e-commerce direct-marketing campaigns.
- Evaluated clients' existing software, portal and web applications, business models and production processes and recommended solutions to increase ROI and produce increased profit.
- Developed web-based sales presentations; managed technical support for software demonstrations.
- Served as Adjunct Professor for St. Petersburg College-ICOT Center for web development and programming; developed curriculum and provided instruction for several courses.
2003 - 2004
Professor: Network Theory I, II, Microsoft Office (excel, word), Intro to Computers courses
The majority of my courses were supported with online classroom testing, grading, and discussion groups. These online courses were utilized under blackboard.com and McGraw online learning portals.
2003 - 2004
Instructor: Software languages, PC Building Courses/Curriculum, Adobe software products, Microsoft applications
ST. PETERSBURG COLLEGE
Developing, implementing a teaching computer courses from coporate (business) level and ages 18-50.
Besides handson teaching all of my courses were supported with online classrooms.
Developed a brand-new curriculum called "PC Upgrade and Repair I & II". The concept of building a PC from scratch in Level I, and then finding a technology hardware need in their small business or an individual need to be completed in the Level II course.
1996 - 1998
Statistician, Business Analyst, and Programmer
MEADOWBROOK INSURANCE COMPANY
- Created and led ISO team focused on data management and business process improvement.
- Provided business analysis that improved data quality management and data integrity.
- Integrated AS/400 systems into reporting tools.
Developed, analyzed and maintained database code and programs
1993 - 1996
BUILDERS SQUARE, HOME DEPOT, BED BATH & BEYOND
1990 - 1990
Instructor: Accounting and Economics for the Academic Support Center
FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY
Bachelor of Science
FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY
Dual major in Insurance and Real Estate