Experienced and Highly motivated, Business Professional seeks a position in either Accounting and Finance or Business Administration; with a reputable firm.
I currently play a vital role in my position with Creative Countertops by maintaining customer and vendor ledgers and assisting with the general operations of the finance department. My position requires a tremendous amount of trust with the handling of large sums of cash, and other forms of payments supplied by the customer. I am also charged with processing invoices, and making sure the "vendor" is compensated on time, which helps to maintain a good credit rating.
Working for a privately owned smaller business, has allowed me to acquire a broad spectrum of accounting duties such as general bookkeeping, accounts payable and accounts receivable, customer service and various other administrative tasks.
As a Customer Service Professional with a strong accounting background, I am confident I would be an asset to your company, and provide an invaluable service to your clients, helping to grow your business.
Operations Specialist I
- Accepted, verified, and prepared property tax payments, business license fees, and general collections payments made via direct, mail, credit card, electronic fund transfer, and wired deposits. Balanced cash drawers; reconciled balancing discrepancies; and prepared bank deposits and related accounting forms.
- Consistently followed up with tax-payers of delinquent taxes; collection of past due property taxes; provided detailed comprehensive reporting of non-payers to department head and implemented recovery plan of bad debt.
- Received and responded to a variety of communications from third party tax payers, business license applicants, owners, developers, agents, other representatives; via phone and walk-in inquiries; regarding property tax bills, general collection accounts, redemption plans and other options.
- Analyzed claims and operated a remittance processing system, including: entering data, imaging documents, and encoding, endorsing, and sorting all payments and deposit documents received by mail and walk-in activity; to verify payments were consistent with specific policy and or regulatory rules; reviewed batches for processing errors; researched and corrected exception items; allocated and posted collection payments to automated collection system.
- Received and processed applications for subdivision and lot-line adjustment tax security requests; determined whether applications complied with Revenue & Taxation Code requirements; determined amount of and monitored deposits for security required to guarantee payment of taxes; processed these applications with and among Assessor, Auditor-Controller, and Clerk of the Board; and issued refunds when applicable.
Dec 2007 - Present
Accounts Payable / Receivable III
- Responsible for the collection of receivables through aggressive follow-up on all outstanding debts; via direct customer contact, third party reimbursements and other receivables; determining the best course of action to have the greatest impact on company revenue.
- Performs all follow up functions based on the following criteria; type of receivable, age and final amount; with plan implementation to determine the best course of action to maximize collection of receivables.
- Receives and corresponds with clientele/customers to a variety of communications via direct mail, email and face to face; including, builders, developers and other third party vendors; highly adept at writing formal letters, customized to meet the need of each unique client.
- Developed a remittance processing system which includes: balancing cash drawer, entering data, reconciling balancing discrepancies, endorsing, sorting all payments and deposit documents received by mail and walk-in activity; reviews batches for processing errors; researches and corrects; preparing bank deposits and all related accounting forms.
- Responsible for signing all collection letters and billing statements as necessary.
- Work through specific billing discrepancies via direct interaction with customers; providing data to ensure accuracy of invoices.
- Maintain general ledger, listing of accounts receivable, updated vendor files and file numbers.
- Performs audits, reviews and analysis of all information regarding established third party receivables; when follow-up inquiry is made for discussion of account status.
Jul 2003 - Nov 2007
Mobile Notary Service
- Successfully owned and operated a mobile notary business.
- Solicited and prospected for new accounts within the real estate industry.
- Served local mortgage and title companies; builders and individuals on call on a 24 hour basis.
- Established customer accounts and developed billing system for repeat clientele.
- Processed invoices monthly and ensured the confidentiality and security of all financial information.
May 2000 - Oct 2002
Collections Representative III
- Responsibilities included collection in the following departments; Front End, Mid-Range, Back-End, Auto and Bad Debt Recovery; increasing the overall company and department revenue; communicating with delinquent or over-limit accounts in each department to obtain payments; following established Call Model requirements.
- Skip tracing, problem resolution and direct customer contact.
- Consistently followed up with the customer/client according to date, type and amount of debt; implemented plan to maximize total collections on all accounts.
- Reviewed and analyzed customer financial profile and arranged repayment program within procedural criteria.
- Adjusted fees and charges in accordance with company policy.
- Assisted with training Collector I employees as directed to develop collection skills; participated in training sessions; provided feedback to improve job performance.
- Responded to written and electronic correspondence from current or delinquent cardholders who communicate financial difficulties.
- Contacts creditors, employers, and public sources of information to obtain customer location to collect delinquent accounts; exceeded productivity standards as set by the department for Collector III; ensured compliance in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards policies.