I seek to contribute in a professional and growth oriented organization that utilizes and supplements my capabilities in Operations Management, Resource Optimization and Business Development to achieve the mutual goals of growth and success for myself and my esteemed employer.
- Operational Excellence
- Business Development
- Client Relationship Management
- Team Development
- Performance Management
- P & L management
- Market Research
- Security and Loss control
- Strategic Merchandising
- Inventory Management
Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point and Access. Knowledge and expertise of freely available web based tools and applications such as Microsoft Mesh and Google docs.
Mar 2013 - Present
- Managing and training a team of of 2 Department Managers, 2 Team Leads and 20 Sales Associates.
- Leading the operations for the store in loss prevention, marketing, visual merchandising, maintenance, administration, training and achieving sales targets for the store in 5 different categories - Technology, Office Supplies, Copy Print Centre, Easy Tech and Office Furniture.
- Develop relationships in the local business community through in-store marketing, loyalty calling and canvassing.
- Ensure high customer service standards by getting customer feedback, mystery calling and regular training of associates through role plays.
- Oversee and ensure adherence of SOP’s in the daily operations of the store.
Jun 2010 - Feb 2013
Sri Sailok Healthcare
- Deliver on top line and bottom line targets through efficient management of operations, stock management and sales.
- Assess potential of markets through research and market visit for business expansion opportunities.
- Set and implement operational goals, performance objectives and procedures.
- Manage and maintain the quality of operations by evaluating current policies, procedures and search avenues for improvement thereby ensuring client satisfaction.
- Motivate and supervise the sales team and ensure achievement of sales targets, improve individual effectiveness and overall performance.
- Identify key performers and ensure they develop successfully within the organization.
- Ensure legal / statutory compliance.
- Plan and undertake marketing initiatives like organizing health check up camps, special promotions and events to increase market penetration.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to increase sales and expand the micro-franchise and customer base.
- Analyse sales and performance data to better manage micro franchises.
- Develop and monitor the supply chain of products to all the vendors.
Sep 2008 - Mar 2010
Assistant Store Manager/Sales Manager
- Achieve revenue target for the period through the sales team of the branch.
- Supervise all the daily functions and processes in the branch including but not restricted to sales, talent deployment, customer service, merchandising and advertising.
- Manage cash and banking operations of the store.
- Manage and motivate a diverse multicultural team of 50 sales and warehouse staff towards achieving individual targets.
- Increase the margin earnings of the branch by training sales executives on selling intangible products such as after sales services.
- Maximise profitability and efficiency through best in class customer service, effective communication and follow-up on pending customer issues.
- Assist the General Manager in formulating and implementing strategies to drive sales during low footfall, reduce shrinkage and increase impulse buying.
- Oversee administrative functions to ensure all paperwork is processed efficiently in a timely manner while adhering to compliance requirements.
- Utilized superior communication skills to motivate staff and develop effective and mutually profitable working relationships with colleagues, clients and executives.
- Interpret daily sales reports from MISand other data to implement strategies and actions to improve on weak areas in accordance with administrative procedures and training.
- Instrumental in developing and implementing an efficient process of reducing the turnaround time on repairs thus reducing costs and improving customer satisfaction.
- Coordinated directly with the marketing team for out of stock issues and product demand based on client feedback.
Nov 2004 - Aug 2008
Technical Sales Executive
- Aggressively grow revenues through active cross-selling of the firm’s entire product line, consistently exceeding sales and margin goals.
- Handle escalated customer service calls and problems, ensured quick and efficient resolution thereby maintaining client loyalty.
- Build strong relationships with both clients and colleagues from diverse cultures in order to promote a positive and productive work environment and increase the existing customer base.
- Initiate new marketing ideas by canvassing competition and collaborating with the marketing team.
- Achieved highest yearly sales performance in the chain for the financial period 2006-2007.
- Attained ‘preferred’ colleague status among sales colleagues for everything related to procedures, product features and providing guidance on product set-up.
Sep 2002 - Oct 2004
- Exceeded sales targets periodically through comprehensive product knowledge and excellent sales skills.
- Increased revenues by actively selling intangible products and services.
- Built and developed relationships with customers leading to repeat business and increased revenues.
- Constantly monitored and adjusted product merchandising to meet firm’s high standards.
- Developed positive relationships with Colleagues and Managers in order to foster an efficient work environment.
2007 - 2009
Nottingham Trent University
MSc in International Business Management is jointly awarded by Nottingham Trent University, UK and HETAC.
Operations Management, Research Methods, Information Technology Management, Business Development and Strategy, Corporate Responsibility.
Completed and submitted a research dissertation titled "Implications of the Implementation of RFID in the Irish Retail Sector" in January 2009 as part fulfilment for Masters Degree.
2005 - 2007
Diploma awarded by FETAC
2002 - 2003
Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations.
Diploma awarded by the Institute of Commercial Management(ICM).
1996 - 1999
University of Lucknow
Reading, Photography, Travelling