Director of Analytics - Marketing and Sales
Genworth Financial - Richmond, VA
Led a team of analysts to provide data-driven insights and strategic recommendations to the marketing and operational teams supporting a $58MM long term care insurance sales channel.
- Drove deeper analytical insights across digital and offline programs by implementing a new TIBCO Spotfire business intelligence (BI) tool. Turned cumbersome Excel-based reports into automated, user-friendly self-service reports.
- Recovered $1.0MM per year in lost sales and reduced lead acquisition cost by 12% by identifying drop-off of sales leads between initial response and agent distribution.
- Developed a detailed cost benefit analysis to secure $1.2MM in capital funding to 1) build a digital consumer demand generation process and 2) establish a new telesales channel to capitalize on leads that were not being worked by traditional agents. Both projects approved and funded.
- Developed a detailed 5-year pro forma sales and profitability model for a fully funded marketing portfolio, consumer demand generation support team and sales channel strategy. Growth primarily driven by digital marketing efforts including paid search and targeted display coupled with retargeting, interrupter and exit strategies.
- Reduced the production time of key marketing profitability reports from one week to two hours by leading a project to streamline and automate reporting processes. Improved reporting frequency to daily versus monthly or weekly.
- Hired, developed and mentored onsite analysts, effectively establishing a cohesive and pro-active analytics team who successfully supported internal customers with insights to drive sales growth and cost reductions.
- Engaged with and presented to senior leaders, setting strategy and driving multi-year planning and financial forecasting.