• Edited, re-wrote and proofread all articles for this award-winning, international bi-monthly publication targeting specialty coffee roasters and roaster/retailers.
• Worked with guest writers (many of whom had no formal training in writing) to outline, organize and refine articles.
• Wrote regular features, columns and articles and assisted with copywriting, advertising and editorial layout.
• Promoted the publication and brand by attending conferences and events around the world, offering classes and presentations, writing and sending press releases, submitting to editorial and layout contests, and giving interviews.
• More than 15 years of experience writing, ghostwriting, editing, publishing and promoting feature and how-to articles, profiles, press releases, marketing copy, magazines, short stories, essays, poems, non-fiction books, novellas and novels.
• Well-versed in editorial management, copyediting, fact checking and proofreading.
• Strong technical command of the English language; familiarity with virtually all writing styles; serious commitment to excellence in the printed and published word.
• Competent researcher, interviewer, reporter, educator, marketer and promoter.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, FileMaker, Photoshop, InDesign, Quark, PageMaker, iPhoto and most social network and blogger programs, including Wordpress, Facebook, MySpace and Twitter. Experienced with a wide variety of additional media and Internet programs, including video blogging, podcasting, and basic HTML and CSS.
Shanna Germain is many things. First and foremost, she is a leximaven of the highest order, exploring her love of the written word through a multitude of formats and styles. She also claims the titles of (in no particular order): girl geek, wanderlust-er, avid walker and biker, tree kisser and fern hugger, book-nerd and She Who Fears Spiders.
With a whole lot of writing years under her belt, Shanna’s poems, essays, short stories, novellas, articles and more have found homes in hundreds of magazines, newspapers, books and websites. She’s even garnered an award here and there, including a Pushcart nomination, the Rauxa Prize for Erotic Poetry and the C. Hamilton Bailey Poetry Fellowship. She keeps her ego in a tiny glass jar and feeds it drops of sea water and baby crickets so that it won’t outgrow its cage.
•Pushcart Prize Nominee, 2008• Recipient of the 2008 Rauxa Prize for Erotic Poetry • Recipient of the C. Hamilton Bailey Poetry Fellowship from Literary Arts in 2004. • Stories have won or placed in various writing contests, including Oregon Writers Colony. • Roast received nine American Society of Business Press Editors awards. • Roast was a finalist for five Maggie awards. • Roast was named Best New Educational Product 2004 by the Specialty Coffee Association of America. • Nervy Girl received the Utne Reader award for Best New Publication in 2002.