Cognitive Computing Consultant
Oct 2014 - Present
I have worked with telecoms, financial and public clients in both strategic and delivery roles. I am currently project leading agile teams in delivering business solutions using IBM's cognitive technologies. Bridging the gap between the technical and business sides I apply design thinking to create customer experiences and brainstorm with developers on adding new features.
I have undertaken Cognitive Value Assessments where I have held work shops exploring ways in which cognitive technologies can add value to businesses. In these engagements I have managed prototype build and delivery, built cognitive journey maps and developed benefits cases and final reports.
Aug 2009 - Sep 2014
I worked on e-commerce websites for large UK retailers as a Java developer. My responsibilities spanned over:
- Leading releases with a small team of developers
- Building Linux development/test environments
- Build and deploy management
- Writing high/low level technical design documents
- Requirements gathering
Technologies and applications used: WebSphere Commerce Enterprise, WebSphere Application server, DB2 and IBM HTTP server, SQL, HTML, XML, Endeca.
Jun 2008 - Jul 2012
I worked as secretary for an EPOS (Electonic Point of Sale) business supplying solutions to hospitality clients. My responsibilities included:
- Business book keeping using QuickBooks accounting software
- Processing bank reconciliations and financial reports to verify practice of proper due diligence
- Programming EPOS systems and software testing
- Identifying opportunities with new and existing customers
- Aiding in sales and advertising by running exhibitions stands