Area Sales Manager
I.H. Caffey Distributing Company, Inc.
(Authorized Wholesaler for Miller Brewing Company, Yuengling, Diageo, Inbev, Scottish & Newcastle, Mike’s Hard Lemonade and other fine beverage suppliers in NC.)
Supermarket Division, Charlotte, NC
- General Area Manager for the Grocery division of Wholesale Beer and Ale Distributor using the 3 tier distribution system.
- District consists of 49 Supermarkets and Wholesale Clubs (Harris Teeter, Food Lion, Lowe’s Food, BiLo, Super Wal-Mart, Total Wine, Sam’s Club, Costco and BJ’s Club).
- Personnel managed included five Account Managers, one Swing person and five Merchandisers.
- Conducted all hiring and training of full and part time employees within my district.
- Responsible for leading and developing my team in the South Charlotte region.I directed all activities for my district so that quotas are met, all programs are followed, executed properly and reports completed on time.
- My District of five territories generated over $9.0 million in sales.
- Formal evaluations were conducted quarterly, merit based on performance and sales.
- Accountable for implementing company standards as well as our selling philosophy, to improve customer relations and build the business for our organization and our suppliers.
- Experienced with Space management software and negotiation of shelf sets. Responsible to execute all store sets and maximize resets.
- Scheduled and organized all merchandising activity to be assigned to proper personnel.
- My position required the use of data, both internal and external to develop and recommend plans to be executed in the market.
- Experienced with pricing initiatives and promoting with pricing to generate incremental sales with the use of IRI and Nielsen Data in sales presentations.
- Facilitated monitoring and regulating the freshness of products by regularly auditing accounts for proper rotation by Account Managers.
- Planned sessions to work directly with my subordinates to assess their effectiveness at identifying distribution opportunities and converting them into additional profits.
- Excellent sales, negotiation and organizational skills.