Seth is a recognized industry thought leader, with more than 9 years of experience in technology focused sales, marketing and engineering roles. Since joining Gartner in 2007, Seth has engaged with companies such as Intel, Nike, Con-way, Portland General Electric, NW Natural, UTi, and many other current and prospective clients in Oregon and across the US.Prior to his current position, Seth worked for a variety of technology companies, including Symantec and Intel Corporation. In those roles, he developed a keen understanding of his client’s specific technology needs, and how they relate directly to an organization’s strategic business initiatives.
Oct 2007 - Present
Senior Account Executive
- Engage with Information Technology and Supply Chain Leaders throughout Gartner's strategic client base in Oregon, delivering actionable advice for RFP development, vendor selection, contract negotiation, and technology implementation best practices; also provide CIO and IT leaders skill set development, strategic planning support and IT business case justification.
- 2011 – 110% of plan year-to date
- 2010 – 220% of plan; Gartner Winner’s Circle Achiever
- 2009 – 105% of plan
- 2008 – 160% of plan; Gartner Winner’s Circle Achiever
- 2007 – 100% of plan
- Clients include Intel, Nike, Columbia Sportswear, Portland General Electric, Con-way, UTi Transport Solutions, NW Natural Gas, Pacificorp, Schnitzer Steel, Corvel Corporation, Iberdrola Renewables, Warn Industries, Hoffman Construction, IDC Architects, Solarworld, Vestas and more.
Jul 2006 - Oct 2007
Technology Sales Professional
- Delivered over $7M in revenue, with 120% of quota attainment across a broad product portfolio, including Endpoint Security, Email Archiving, Data Backup and Recover, and Network Access Control.
- Clients consisted primarily of Government, Education and Healthcare organizations.
- Completed Symantec’s highly selective “Royal Knights” Sales Leadership Development Program.
Jun 2005 - Apr 2006
Technology Sales Professional
- Generated over $17 million in sales with strong YoY growth across 100 Intel channel customers; this revenue included significant increases in microprocessor and non-processor business lines such as motherboards, ethernet switches and more.
- Engaged with clients to jointly position Intel based solutions to end customers with highly variable design requirements.
Nov 2004 - Jun 2005
Product Marketing Engineer
- Led product development for Intel server motherboard Baker Bay through the Concept Approval and Development Invest Approval design stages.
- Ranked 1st out of 32 recent college graduates in Intel’s Sales and Marketing Rotation Program.
Jun 2004 - Nov 2004
Trade Show and Events Manager
- Coordinated all partner involvement with Intel in major trade shows such as Supercomputing, LinuxWorld, Oracle Open World and Digital Life.
Oct 2003 - Mar 2004
Retail Sales Manager
- Maintained the relationships with management and sales representatives at Best Buy and Circuit City stores in a specified geographic area. Trained them on new Intel products, educated customers and facilitated events.
Mar 2003 - Oct 2003
- Supervised a functional area of an Intel fabrication facility and the eleven technicians who maintained it, ensuring the module met its daily goals for safety, quality and cost effective output.
Mar 2002 - Sep 2002
- Designed a new manufacturing process in one production facility's 'shell finishing' department, resulting in a 90% reduction of work-in-process, elimination of all employee injuries in the area, and an annual cost savings of over $250,000/year.