I have 7+ years experience in Manual Testing which includes Alpha, Beta & Regression testing, Adhoc and End to End Testing of Mobile and Desktop Applications.
* Hands on experience in Black box testing.
* Knowledge of SDLC and STLC.
* Having work experience on Sanity Testing, Regression Testing, Functional testing, and System Testing, Integration, User Interface Testing,Ad-hoc testing, Alpha & Beta Testing.
* Responsible for test plan creation and execution monitoring for each Alpha/Beta Release
* Expertise in Bug Reporting and Tracking using Lotus Notes (TSW and PC Connectivity Error Database) and Bugzilla.
* Created and Installed Test Environment set up for executing test cases.
* Participated in Requirement Gathering meetings with R&D team in Tampere.
* Currently leading a team of software testers to maintain and deliver multiple concurrent releases for Desktop applications. Acting as project lead for all application releases.
* Responsible for establishing consistent testing practices across multiple projects while adhering to quality processes defined.
* Preparing Project Status Reports to Business owner and Project Manager.
* Designed Templates for every Alpha and Beta Testing projects.
* Pursuing MBA Project Management at Alagappa Universtiy - In Progress
* Bachelor of Computer Scince at Sacred Heart College, Chennai University with First Class – 1998-2001
PROFESSIONAL HISTORY(Reverse Chronology)
Organization Name: Nokia India Pvt Ltd R&D Centre Location: Bangalore
Designation: Senior Test Engineer Period: March 2007 – Present
Team Size: 5
Role: Team Lead
Applications Tested: Nokia Ovi Suite, Nokia Music, Nokia PC Suite, Nokia Photos, PIM sync with ovi.com and OVI Store
·PC SW Care team is responsible for conducting Alpha, Beta Testing for Nokia OVI Suite Applications
·Monitoring the Nokia Discussion Forum for issues related to Nokia Ovi Suite after its release to the public
·PC SW Care team acts as bridge between R&D and Level 3 Bangalore Issue Management Team.
·Involved in Writing Test Cases, Test Case Executions for each Alpha, Beta Releases
·Testing the New Requirements of Alpha/Beta Releases
·Adding new functional Test cases for New Requirements of Alpha/Beta Releases
·Adding new functional Test cases for New Requirements of E2E testing.
·Defect Logging and Tracking to Closure.
·Involved in Bug Reporting and Tracking.
·Updating the Alpha/Beta test results in wiki for easy Tracking and Reporting.
·Testing Major Test Scenarios like Updating Handset firmware, Installing the application from Nokia store to the connected device through Nokia OVI Suite
·Assigning KPIs to the team members
·Identified and deployed process improvements and standards for key practices in requirements management, metrics management, testing for standard Windows Desktop Application.
·Releasing Newsletter to Product management Team
·Mentoring junior members in the team
·Ensuring smooth delivery of the project
·Problem solving capability peered with strong communication skills.
·Improved Customer satisfaction by 60% with a reduced down time of customer’s issue from 58 to 8 days within 2 years of time frame.
·Received “Best Contributor of the Month” for my contribution towards Beta Testing
·Improved quality by posting more than 2200 discussion forum posts, 125 Kudos and more than 50 accepted answers from end users and received Guru Status in discussion forum.
Mobile Operating System: Symbian S^3, S60, S40, Maemo Phone applications
PC: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7
Databases: SQL Lite Expert
Tools: Clarify, Bugzilla, Qlikview (Report Generation), Lotus Notes and Siebel (End User/Report Generation)
Expertise: MS Office Applications
Organization Name: Reliance Infostreams Location: Mumbai
Designation: Officer’s Technology Period: Feb 2004 to March 2007
Team Size: 10
Role: Application Tester
Applications Tested: Reliance R-World Applications
·Testing the R-World Applications in various handsets including Java, BREW etc.,
·Taking care of billing portion of R-World applications for Post paid and Pre-paid customers through the available Log files
·Getting the known issues list from NNOC and updating the same on Intranet page for Customer Care
·Received Kudos for the contribution towards the testing R-world applications
·Got promoted from CRE to Officer’s Technology during this tenure
·Software Application Testing in Gadgets
·Surfing net and Dilbert Books
·Provides direction and leadership with strong interpersonal and team building skills
·Successfully works with people within and across organizational boundaries to build agreements, guidelines, and standards in order to resolve issues and create consistent practices
·Strong practitioner of clearly written purposeful communication and direction
·Developing solutions to deliver quality products to clients through people and processes
·Certified Honors in Network Engineering, IIHT Tirupattur B+ grade
·Got training for appearing in Certified Associate Project Management