FORD MOTOR COMPANY, VISTEON, Dearborn / Plymouth, MI
Manufacturer and supplier of automotive climate control systems.
Program Manager, 1994 to 1996
- Led 1997 Mustang Cooling program changes to 56 vehicle parts in 5 months through a cross divisional, cross functional team of 30 core members and 75 extended staff. Delivered project on time and under budget. Mitigated vehicle production risks with parallel program. Received Ford Customer Driven Quality Award.
Area Production Superintendent, Sheldon Road Plant, 1992 to 1994
- Managed new product launch team, chaired team meetings, resolved launch production issues, and achieved program objectives.
- Restored production lines to targeted production volumes and efficiency goals for a 350+ employee production area.
Product Design Engineer, Climate Control Product Engineering Office, 1991 to 1992
- Developed and completed vehicle durability testing on all new aluminum oil coolers for Ford car and truck applications.
Manufacturing Process Engineer, Sheldon Road Plant / Process Engineer, Connersville Plant, 1984 to 1991
- Spearheaded and implemented plant layout, processes, machinery/equipment specifications, and programs for the manufacture of aluminum radiators, all-aluminum heater cores, and serpentine condensers.
Production Supervisor, Connersville Plant, 1983 to 1984
- Supervised 35 production employees in the stamping, fabrication, and assembly of aluminum condensers. Increased operator to supervisor ratio from 15:1 to 35:1 by planning effective manpower strategies to cover larger production area and increasing overall responsibilities.