Geologist and Assistant Site Manager
Reskol Diamond Mining
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct and monitor sampling programs to ensure high quality data collection is achieved.
- Maintain a close relationship with plant operators and troubleshoot grade control or geological issues.
- Oversee load and haul operations to ensure that the material been mined is delivered to correct destinations.
- Collect metallurgical samples and maintain associated records (mapping of problem areas).
- Participate in daily production and planning meetings.
- Select or develop materials-handling methods and equipment to transport ore, waste materials, and mineral products efficiently and economically.
- Implement and coordinate mine safety programs, including the design and maintenance of protective and rescue equipment and safety devices.
- Monitor mine production rates to assess operational effectiveness.
- Inspect mining areas for unsafe structures, equipment, and working conditions.
- overseeing operational quality control processes.
- Participate in the study, evaluation, specification, design, construction, commissioning and operation of process plant projects and expansions.
- Managing and supervising of all workers to ensure safety and productivity.
- Managing logistics/procurement requirements of the mine.
- Liaise with all contractors on the mine to ensure good service delivery.
- Participate in community related issues and liaise with environmental monitors to ensure compliance on safety, health and environmental standard and regulation requirements.