To apply a comprehensive set of skills and unique experience to the efficient and cost effective operations of a world class company.
Offering a full suite of business and creative tools, including process improvement, scheduling, work flow and plant layout, technical writing, creative writing, and advanced skills in Office applications, and other applications on both PC/Windows and Apple platforms.
These tools, while developed during a career in manufacturing, are transferrable to numerous business pursuits, and the opportunity to explore any industry is not only acceptable, but exciting. Learning and growing are the most rewarding aspects of any job.
Reading, writing, live theater, food, wine, baseball, and golf.
Hired as a tool designer on 737/757 airplanes. Moved to Industrial Engineering working on the ALCM proposal, ALCM production, Peacekeeper Change Board, shop load, methods improvement, and scheduling.
Promoted into management. Managed work on-load group, space and equipment group, methods and time study group, Operations standards group, and special project for barcode initiative.Core Competencies
· Communication – Utilize a broad range of communication styles to effectively reach audiences, being respectful, listening actively, speaking and writing clearly, and responding promptly.
· Task Management – Plan, implement, manage, and measure projects against defined goals, using appropriate tools and technologies. Adapt quickly to changing priorities, carrying out multiple tasks.
· Research & Analysis - Using information from a variety of sources - experience, observation, and SMEs, assess problems, think critically, and identify possible solutions.
· Teamwork - Work cooperatively with others, showing a commitment to team purpose and goals, accepting and offering feedback constructively. Build professional relationships, share information, and work effectively across diverse cultural, professional, and social styles.
· Quality – Own quality, taking pride in the work, striving for excellence, constantly improving, preventing errors, and evaluating results for effectiveness.
Apr 2003 - Present
Pacific Publishing Company
Writing Op-Ed columns, and occasional report or special assignments for the Magnolia/Queen Anne weekly newspaper.
Several guest columns published in both daily papers, The Seattle Post-Intelligencer and the Seattle Times.
One year of Business Administration to augment comprehensive Boeing training regimen.