Bridges Coordinator/Assistant City Editor/Digital Reporter/Producer
- Coordinate Bridges, a weekly magazine. Involves writing the majority of the local copy (longform profiles), communicating with freelancers, doing layout and generally planning the entire publication.
- Act as City Editor for the newspaper one day a week assigning stories, coordinating reporter efforts and making editorial decisions
- Shoot, edit and publish videos on any number of subjects for the newspaper's website and social media accounts, in particular larger projects that require a more experienced editing touch
- Use Wordpress to maintain the StarPhoenix's website through the posting and arranging of content from both our in-house reporters and around the Postmedia chain, with a focus on driving engagement and creating a loyal reader base.
- Make use of the StarPhoenix's social media accounts to promote the brand and drive traffic to the website.
- Act as a Jack-of-all-trades within the newsroom, with a wide array of skills allowing me to contribute wherever I'm need
Note: I was previously employed as a Daily News Intern at the Starphoenix, From January to April 2011.