Energetic technology executive and entrepreneur bringing 15+ years experience building new business units/companies; allowing companies to accelerate sales, build strategic partnerships and create customer centric solutions. Background includes serving as CEO and COO, raising capital, launching startups and leading companies to maximize results.
Jan 2009 - Present
VP Sales and Alliances
Group19 provides multiple levels of sales related services, to Grow your Business, Build Sales Channels, and Grow Your People. Our offerings range from Sales consulting, Leadership Coaching, and Partner/Channel/Reselling, to complete Sales and Alliance Outsourcing.
Responsibilities:Develop and lead all Sales, Alliances and Operations. Collaborated and helped develop the new sales paradigm manifested in the Professional Sales Collaborative – a new paradigm shift in Sales Outsourcing.
- Built a Sales and Channel Alliance program for a Network Security firm that increased their sales by over 100% year over year
- Developed the Sales Strategy by recruiting key sales talent, redesigning sales processes and methodologies and aligning marketing to sales goals
- Revamped the Channel and Alliance strategy to focus on the right partners with the right incentives and support that increased sales over 200% year over year
Mar 2007 - Present
President and Founder
Successfully launched a new business model and company in one of the worst economic periods. Invented a brand new memorabilia model that touches all aspects of the music industry and developed the operations needed to support the online auction and the global royalty payments system.
Jan 2007 - Nov 2008
State and Local Account Executive for Illinois, Indiana and Ohio
- 123% of sales target and Customer Retention 100%
Nov 1997 - 2008
Innovative Sales Leader who, not only consistently made quota, but excelled at finding net new revenue through partnering, joint solution development and customer research. Inherited an unstructured and underperforming Region and led a project to strengthen direct sales by building a new solution selling model that increased sales effectiveness and drove consulting revenues up by 295%. Extended that success and developed and rolled out the first OEM partnership which brought a new revenue stream to SAS. Redeveloped a struggling but high potential sales partner and built it into the top global partnership that led to a strategic high volume indirect and joint channel. Recognized for his leadership in this area, was given responsibility for developing the complete partner strategy and leading the operations in Latin America that quickly grew in 3 years to contribute 60% of SAS Latin American revenues. Applied the same leadership and process discipline to the SAS State and Local Government Sector and rejuvenated the indirect sales organization and increased partner revenues nearly 500% in the first year.
Jan 2005 - Mar 2007
Manager State and Local Alliance and Bus Dev
- Tasked with increasing Alliance Revenue from 8% to 30% of total sales by building a new dedicated State and Local Alliance Team (Includes Reseller, VAR and System Integrators)
- Number one Government and number two WW Alliance Manager at 263% of target for 2006
- Alliance Revenue has increased 488% from 04 to 05 and I was the number one alliance manager in Government at 98% of target
Jan 2002 - Dec 2004
GM Latin America Alliance and Bus Dev
- Built the partner organization from 0 to 10 Business Development Managers
- Grew partner revenue from less than 1% to 60% of total revenues within 3 years
- Ended 2004 ranked 3rd for Sales Managers in percent of target
- Partner revenue growth from 2002 – 2003 was 88% and 2003 – 2004 was 133%
- 183% of target for 2004 (Ranked number 3 in 2004 and number 10 of 43 sales managers in 2003)
- Overall marketing and training budget responsibility was $180K.
Feb 2000 - Dec 2001
Strategic Relationship Manager IBM
- Managed the execution of the 3 year $53 million dollar agreement with IBM Global Services (IGS)
- First 6 months generated over $1.5 million in software and sales and increased year two sales by 80%
- IBM Global Services Business Intelligence Practice selected SAS as the main software vendor for their Enterprise Customer Analytics (ECA) solution across all industries
- Identified the opportunity and negotiated with IGS to incorporate SAS into their solution for Performance and Capacity Planning
- Generated $500K before the official rollout
- Lead IBM to sign SAS as a Strategic Alliance Partner (tier-one alliance).
- Negotiated expansion of the SAS IGS practice to Canada, Europe and Asia Pacific
- This included internal negotiations to bring each geography up to speed on the agreement, building the associated business cases as well as directing the negotiations with IGS
- Re-negotiated the US and Canada IBM outsourcing agreements totaling $29 Million
Feb 1999 - Apr 2000
Strategic Business Consultant
- Product Manager and National Sales Lead for Knowledge Management that fostered SAS’s first OEM Partnership
- Created internal processes that would support this new partnership model.
- While working directly for the VP of US Sales, lead the development of the Sales Forecasting system and process
Mar 1998 - Feb 1999
Professional Services Senior Account Consultant
- Increased consulting sales by 295% to $1.6 Million and leveraged $3.8 Million in Software
- Pioneered the integration between consulting services and sales into a new solution based selling model
- Region accounted for 30% of all consulting revenue in the Americas