Entrepreneurship, Volunteering, Martial Arts, Urbanism, Information Architecture, Semantic Web, Quantum Mechanics, Cosmology, Goldeneye 64, Speed Reading, Origami, CAD/Drafting, Art, Science Fiction, Cooking
I'm currently working for a startup called MugTug. My long term career goal is to be a serial entrepreneur, but I'm currently interested in opportunities that will help me gain experience.
Aug 2010 - Present
An Unnamed Stealth Startup
- Responsible for designing, developing, and deploying a custom Facebook game engine
- Written using Django web framework
- Uses OAuth, Facebook Graph API, and FBML
Apr 2010 - Aug 2010
- Integrated application with Picasa (using handwritten OAuth) and Flickr
- Wrote repeater scripts for handling cross domain AJAX requests using PHP cURL
- Used HTML 5 technologies such as canvas and localStorage
- Performed numerous bug fixes and enhancements, wrote reusable UI widgets
Apr 2010 - May 2010
Instructor, Veterans Community Technology Center
- Taught HTML and CSS
- Developed lesson plans and learning materials tailored to students' progress
Dec 2009 - Feb 2010
Help Desk Contractor for SunGard Higher Education
- Performed troubleshooting for computers, Internet browsers, email clients, e-learning software (Angel, Blackboard, WebCT), and more
- Used tools such as ticketing systems, Remote Desktop, Banner, Active Directory, VPNs
Jun 2009 - Oct 2009
We're developing a website that allows citizens to rate and track politicians. It's designed to make politicians more accountable while helping them find out what's important to voters.
- Made executive decisions on code architecture
- Offered key input on design and implementation of site
- Learned new software tools
- Researched and set up new tools to enhance productivity
Mar 2007 - May 2009
- Administered Event Management System, wrote documentation for staff, provided miscellaneous technical support.
- Updated website, validated XHTML and CSS, wrote e-commerce Perl scripts, prepared and sent mass emails, wrote internal webapps
- Developed a Second Life presence for the department
- I'm told that in large part to my efforts during my first 6 months, our department had one of their highest levels of alumni participation yet, which allowed them to get an increased budget and hire several additional event directors.
Mar 2008 - Mar 2009
- Migrated over 40 institute websites from old PHP 3 web environment to new PHP 5 environment
- Took initiative and wrote bash scripts to speed up process, offered to contact website owners who still needed migrations
- Troubleshooting, web page updates and fixes, page validating
Jul 2005 - Aug 2008
Student Operations Assistant
- Prepared seminars and banquets, maintenance, laptop/projector troubleshooting, special projects
- Regularly worked late, covered coworkers’ shifts, and worked special events/weekends
Jun 2007 - Jul 2008
- Participated in numerous projects, organized events, volunteered, increased awareness of club
- Organized trips to participate in regional SIFE events
- Led a financial literacy seminar for single teen mothers at Mercy Residential Services
- Assisted Vice President with School Supplies Drive for children in the Philippines
- Managed social media presence using WordPress and Facebook
- Doubled email list, tripled active membership, increased level of leadership in club, started fundraising campaign
Oct 2006 - May 2007
Student Government Representative
- Represented club at Student Government Meetings
- Gave input on decisions regarding the future of the club
- Mentored inner city high school students at Edison Tech once a week, helping them to start a school store
Sep 2006 - May 2007
- I called up alumni and parents to ask for gifts to the Institute.
- One night I received 22 pledges, the 3rd place record in the history of the RIT Telefund
Aug 2003 - Mar 2006
Assistant Chapter Leader
- Assisted in recruiting, training, patrolling, taking inventory, maintenance, fund raising
- Trained in martial arts, conflict resolution, radio communication, citizens’ arrests, and leadership skills; CERT Certified
Jun 2004 - Aug 2004
I dismantled copy machines and prepared shipments.
Sep 2004 - May 2009
Bachelor of Science
- I won the 2007 GCCIS Sudoku Championship in the Medium Category.
- I was involved in the Game Developers Club, Web Developers Club, and RIT SIFE/Entrepreneurship Club
Sep 2000 - Jun 2004
Regents High School Diploma
Edison Technical and Occupational Center
Edison Tech is a vocational high school where I took Engineering courses.
- Freshman year I won 2nd Place in the 2001 MCC Auto-Safety Competition.
- Sophomore year I did so well in my Digital Electronics class (I scored 111% on the final exam) that I was allowed to take a free night course of my choice at RIT. I chose Engineering Graphics with CAD and got an A.
- I was the Treasurer in Skills USA VICA.
- I was also on our school's FIRST Robotics Team, the Edison Tech Visioneers (Team #73), where I taught teammates how to use Autodesk Inventor.
- Member of the National Honor Society, made the National Honor Roll