I'm currently working for a startup called MugTug. My long term career goal is to be a serial entrepreneur, but I'm currently interested in opportunities that will help me gain experience.
Entrepreneurship, Volunteering, Martial Arts, Urbanism, Information Architecture, Semantic Web, Quantum Mechanics, Cosmology, Goldeneye 64, Speed Reading, Origami, CAD/Drafting, Art, Science Fiction, Cooking
Aug 2010 - Present
An Unnamed Stealth Startup
- Responsible for designing, developing, and deploying a custom Facebook game engine
- Written using Django web framework
- Uses OAuth, Facebook Graph API, and FBML
Apr 2010 - Aug 2010
- Integrated application with Picasa (using handwritten OAuth) and Flickr
- Wrote repeater scripts for handling cross domain AJAX requests using PHP cURL
- Used HTML 5 technologies such as canvas and localStorage
- Performed numerous bug fixes and enhancements, wrote reusable UI widgets
Apr 2010 - May 2010
Instructor, Veterans Community Technology Center
- Taught HTML and CSS
- Developed lesson plans and learning materials tailored to students' progress
Dec 2009 - Feb 2010
Help Desk Contractor for SunGard Higher Education
- Performed troubleshooting for computers, Internet browsers, email clients, e-learning software (Angel, Blackboard, WebCT), and more
- Used tools such as ticketing systems, Remote Desktop, Banner, Active Directory, VPNs
Jun 2009 - Oct 2009
We're developing a website that allows citizens to rate and track politicians. It's designed to make politicians more accountable while helping them find out what's important to voters.
- Made executive decisions on code architecture
- Offered key input on design and implementation of site
- Learned new software tools
- Researched and set up new tools to enhance productivity
Mar 2007 - May 2009
- Administered Event Management System, wrote documentation for staff, provided miscellaneous technical support.
- Updated website, validated XHTML and CSS, wrote e-commerce Perl scripts, prepared and sent mass emails, wrote internal webapps
- Developed a Second Life presence for the department
- I'm told that in large part to my efforts during my first 6 months, our department had one of their highest levels of alumni participation yet, which allowed them to get an increased budget and hire several additional event directors.
Mar 2008 - Mar 2009
- Migrated over 40 institute websites from old PHP 3 web environment to new PHP 5 environment
- Took initiative and wrote bash scripts to speed up process, offered to contact website owners who still needed migrations
- Troubleshooting, web page updates and fixes, page validating
Jul 2005 - Aug 2008
Student Operations Assistant
- Prepared seminars and banquets, maintenance, laptop/projector troubleshooting, special projects
- Regularly worked late, covered coworkers’ shifts, and worked special events/weekends
Jun 2007 - Jul 2008
- Participated in numerous projects, organized events, volunteered, increased awareness of club
- Organized trips to participate in regional SIFE events
- Led a financial literacy seminar for single teen mothers at Mercy Residential Services
- Assisted Vice President with School Supplies Drive for children in the Philippines
- Managed social media presence using WordPress and Facebook
- Doubled email list, tripled active membership, increased level of leadership in club, started fundraising campaign
Sep 2006 - May 2007
- I called up alumni and parents to ask for gifts to the Institute.
- One night I received 22 pledges, the 3rd place record in the history of the RIT Telefund
Oct 2006 - May 2007
Student Government Representative
- Represented club at Student Government Meetings
- Gave input on decisions regarding the future of the club
- Mentored inner city high school students at Edison Tech once a week, helping them to start a school store
Aug 2003 - Mar 2006
Assistant Chapter Leader
- Assisted in recruiting, training, patrolling, taking inventory, maintenance, fund raising
- Trained in martial arts, conflict resolution, radio communication, citizens’ arrests, and leadership skills; CERT Certified
Jun 2004 - Aug 2004
I dismantled copy machines and prepared shipments.
Sep 2004 - May 2009
Bachelor of Science
- I won the 2007 GCCIS Sudoku Championship in the Medium Category.
- I was involved in the Game Developers Club, Web Developers Club, and RIT SIFE/Entrepreneurship Club
Sep 2000 - Jun 2004
Regents High School Diploma
Edison Technical and Occupational Center
Edison Tech is a vocational high school where I took Engineering courses.
- Freshman year I won 2nd Place in the 2001 MCC Auto-Safety Competition.
- Sophomore year I did so well in my Digital Electronics class (I scored 111% on the final exam) that I was allowed to take a free night course of my choice at RIT. I chose Engineering Graphics with CAD and got an A.
- I was the Treasurer in Skills USA VICA.
- I was also on our school's FIRST Robotics Team, the Edison Tech Visioneers (Team #73), where I taught teammates how to use Autodesk Inventor.
- Member of the National Honor Society, made the National Honor Roll