Services leadership role where I can leverage my skills and experience to successfully deliver on a compelling value proposition, build customer loyalty, increase company market position and profitability, learn and grow both personally and professionally, and make a positive impact on my clients and colleagues.
Versatile Professional Services leader experienced in the sales and delivery of integrated software solutions to enterprise customers. Experience includes sales and deployment of Customer Service / Contact Center, Business Process Management, and Converged Communications solutions across multiple industries and verticals. Expertise encompasses full solution lifecycle: direct/channel sales support, requirements and design development, project/client management, implementation, and support. Strengths include business leadership, services delivery management, operational process development, clear and concise communications, developing actionable plans with clear expectations and accountabilities, and managing diverse teams to achieve common goals.
Selected Relevent Experience
- 15+ years experience building and leading Professional Services technical pre-sales and delivery teams.
- P&L accountability for revenues from $5M up to $147.5M; Grew practice revenue from $5M to $21M in 2+ years; Consistent achievement of defined organizational goals.
- Direct management accountability for teams ranging in size from less than 10 to 550 staff across multiple technical competencies.
- Highly effective working with internal (Sales, Customer Support, Product Development, Marketing) and external (clients and partners) stakeholders to achieve mutual success.
- Accomplished at developing individual and team objectives and/or development plans that align and support organizational objectives. Created, implemented, and supported programs for management of 3rd-party consulting sub-contractors.
- Created processes & related tools for revenue forecasting, resource assignment, expense management, and time/status reporting. Supported/sponsored development of integrated solution sales methodologies, client satisfaction programs, and multiple technical delivery methodologies.
Process & Methodology
Professional Services Management
Mar 2010 - Jun 2010
Technical Account Manager (Contract)
Global 360, Inc.
Global 360 Inc. is a leading Business Process Management software & services solution provider.
Primary point of contact for all solution delivery activities for a large Financial Services client in Dallas, TX. Accountabilities include developing application requirements for multiple solution areas; providing guidance related to approach and prioritization; SOW development; detailed solution design, implementation and functional testing; technical documentation development; and provision of knowledge transfer to the client. Designed, developed and delivered a complex solution for Employee Lifecycle events (New Hires, Terminations, Transfers, Promotions, etc.).
Mar 2006 - Jun 2008
Managing Director, Professional Services
Avaya is a leading provider of converged communications, contact center, messaging, and mobility solutions. Formed as a spin-off from Lucent Technologies in October 2000.
Leader of North American team of up to 65 delivery and management staff. Avaya's GPM Practice acts as single point of accountability for the management of complex integrated solution deployments. Responsible for delivery quality and client satisfaction, P&L management (revenue, margin, utilization), client and program executive sponsorship, sales support, process development and adherence, and continual improvement initiatives.
- Established Program Management as a critical value-added service for complex engagements. Achieved practice revenue growth from $5M in 2005 to $21M in 2007. Supported over $200M in combined product and service revenue in 2007. 228% of revenue plan in 2006, 105% in 2007.
- Created and implemented core operational processes and tools for executive status communications, revenue forecasting, funnel management, resource availability and assignment, and staff performance objectives and measurement criteria. Developed standard SOW verbiage supporting complex revenue recognition requirements and delivery options. Sponsored process and tools development for client feedback and program management methodology.
- Conceptualized and implemented Subject Matter Expert Focus Teams for the collection, development, and sharing of best practices knowledge capital as well as supporting the "ramp-up" process for new employees.
Nov 2003 - Feb 2006
Director, Communications Solutions & Integration
Leader of NAR Western Region Professional Services team of 100 staff with diverse competencies including services sales, project & program management, converged network analysis & optimization, security consulting, CRM /contact center applications, and custom CTI solutions. Supported channel sales and service delivery partners.
- Achieved $15M in revenues in 2005, while supporting multiple major programs at no cost based on corporate direction.
- Assimilated new teams for network analysis, security consulting, and Managed Services project and program management. Implemented consistent operating processes and tools. Doubled network consulting revenue in 2H04 after assuming team leadership in mid-1H04.
- Staffed and provided executive sponsorship for a complex, highly visible, market-entering solution for a major Las Vegas casino. Solution was delivered successfully under very aggressive timelines.
- Drove implementation of rigorous forecasting methodologies, tools, and management reports. Provided thought leadership and direction across Professional Services in this area.
Aug 2001 - Nov 2003
Senior Manager, CRM/UC Professional Services
Leader of "Talent Pool" organization consisting of up to 550 staff including consulting, implementation, project management, maintenance, and managed services staff supporting multiple contact center, CRM and messaging solutions. Supported channel sales and service delivery partners.
- Achieved revenues of $147.5M in 2001, 108% of plan.
- Led, engaged, and motivated the team through multiple acquisitions, divestitures, re-organizations, and significant staff reductions related to industry-wide economic challenges.
- Initiated and directed implementation of an internally developed web-based knowledge management and collaboration tool used across all Professional Services teams. Provided leadership representation, requirements definition, and SME support for implementaiton of a custom professional services automation (PSA) solution.
- Led re-design and implementation of improved service delivery partner program.
Jul 1999 - Sep 2001
Senior Manager, CRM Solutions
Leader of technical consulting team of 30 staff providing custom CRM and CTI solutions. Supported multiple service delivery partners. Provided leadership direction and communications related to people, process, and systems integration challenges associated with the Mosaix acquisition by Lucent.
Apr 1996 - Jul 1999
Executive Director, Professional Services
Mosaix Inc. was a leading provider of Business Process Automation, CRM, and Predictive Dialer solutions, formed by a merger of Digital Systems, Inc. and ViewStar Corporation in December 1996. Mosaix was acquired by Lucent technologies in July 1999.
Responsible for management and leadership of Mosaix Professional Services team of 20+ staff.Supported and managed 20+ 3rd party consultants providing services in a sub-contracted model. Achieved $7.2M in revenues for 1996 (109% of plan) and $10.8M in revenues for 1997 (119% of plan).Developed Systems Integration Partner support programs and supported large SI partners in the delivery of complex CRM solutions based on the Mosaix product and Professional Services developed offerings.
May 1988 - Apr 1996
Director, Consulting Services
ViewStar was a software/services company providing workflow, business process automation, and document imaging solutions. Merged with Digital Systems Inc. in April 1996 to form Mosaix.
Led regional consulting teams of 20 staff and managers, plus 20+ 3rd party consultants utilized in a sub-contracted model. Led end-user training team and developed course curriculum for advanced application development topics. Developed core operational processes and tools for consulting services solution delivery. Built Center of Excellence team for best practices development. Created and implemented a knowledge management platform and environment. Developed and managed support programs for service delivery partners.
Bachelor of Science
University of California, Davis
Graduated with Honors