A leadership role that allows me to teach more than lead. I believe that a good leader succeeds when his/her team succeeds. Nothing is more gratifying than seeing a student knocks it out of the park.
I am a problem solver looking for more problems to solve. My current challenges consist of creating efficiencies for my web development team and providing value to our clients' lower budget's. Quality and service are the most important aspects of maintaining a good client base - I believe that too much effort is placed on new business and not enough on retaining a businesses current portfolio.
Enjoy the pace of agency life, but would consider the right client side opportuntity.
2006 - Present
Director of Development
Bolin Marketing (Digital Division)
Brands include: Renewal by Andersen, Green Giant, Carmex, Progresso(Soup, Foods, Broth), Freschetta Pizza, Redbaron Pizza and Armstrong Floors. Was the first employee for the interactive/digital division. Literally lifted the first development and production servers into a rack(99.99% uptime). IA'd and developed our CAT(content admin tool), integrated with ExactTarget for email and SMS distribution. Brought our business network up to, well close to, 100% reliability. Manage a staff and freelance group.
- Managed/directed the web development of greengiant.com - adhering to strict General Mills coding specifications.
- Lead the development team in the execution of a Lebron James/Carmex partnership promotion lebron.mycarmex.com and lebronmobile.mycarmex.com. (C# 4.0, jQuery and MS SQL)
- Developed multple Facebook applications that included fan gating, contest giveaways and coupon integration with Coupons Inc and Newswire. (C# 4.0, jQuery and MS SQL)
- Implemented ExactTarget's API for sending transactional email communications and text messaging.
- Manage staff of 2 full-time and contract web/flash developers.
- Architected and developed a light weight website content administration tool. (C# 2.0, Xml, SQL)
- Architected, managed and developed progressofoods.com and renewalbyandersen.com (.NET-VB,C#, Xml)
- Implemented and designed the company's external production hosting environment.
- Designed and developed SEO targeted virtual microsites for Armstrong Worldwide, Renewal by Andersen and NARI. (C# and Xml)
2003 - 2006
Senior Web Developer
Brands include: Red Wing Shoes, CHS, Cenex and Novartis. The Red Wing Shoes project consisted of designing and developing a new online interface to their product database. I developed/built chs-inc.com and cenex.com. Colle+McVoy had a great PR product, that I parametrized, allowing the development team to template a press-kit.
- Developed and maintained websites for CHS, Cenex, Cofina Financial, EcoWater, CulturalJam.org and Colle+McVoy (ASP,.Net, MS Access, Xml)
- Designed and Developed Red Wing Shoes product database and online product administration. (.NET-VB, SQL)
- Created a tool for developing online press kit sites; reducing development by 60% per micro-site. (ASP, .NET-C#, SQL, Xml)
2001 - 2005
- Coded all the HTML source for the U.S.Bank internet banking site. (Html)
- Created multiple database driven sites allowing the client to administer all content. (ASP, SQL)
- Developed client extranet/portal for creative review. (ASP, SQL)
- Administered all development and production web/database servers.
1997 - 2000
Gelco Information Network
Mainframe COBOL programmer that developed custom financial reports for company's expense reporting system. Developed an online project management tool for managing time lines and resource allocation. Spearheaded a source code repository and automation process.
- Developed and maintained a departmental intranet. (ASP, MS Access)
- Developed an ASP program that generates source code for COBOL programs.
- Implemented an online library for all standard COBOL source code.
1995 - 1997
Data Recognition Corp.
Entry level COBOL developer for Laser Images. Processed data sets for direct mail campaigns.
- Performed Data Conversions.
- Streamlined multiple data processing projects.
- Maintained and altered several COBOL and DOS batch programs.
- Coordinated a standard audit procedure for all MICR applications.