Project Management Consultant
JEVCO Insurance Company
- Responsible for the planning, direction and coordination of activity required to effectively manage multiple projects;
- Analyzing and improving upon project proposals, to ensure management expectations are met and a successful outcome is achieved;
- Goals, time-frames, funding limitations, staffing requirements and allocation of resources are addressed before project execution;
- Overseeing direction and coordination of project personnel, actively participating in the establishment of standards and procedures required for reporting and documentation, ensuring quality assurance, as well as reviewing status reports and modifying schedules and plans as required.
Most recent projects:
Project Manager for "Paperless Claims Operation":
- Planned and executed the transition of a paper-based claims operation in Ontario, Alberta and Québec, into a paperless electronic environment;
- Leadership role with a cross-functional team of 15 people;
- Paperless operation efficiencies have reduced costs, administration, and low value tasks for a claims operation of 185 staff.
Project Manager for "Guidewire ClaimCenter Implementation":
- Created original business plan, selected vendor and led agile project to a successful result;
- Leadership role with a cross-functional core team of 17 people;
- ClaimCenter was deployed successfully in all three claims branches 6 months ahead of schedule and within budget (see LinkedIn profile for recommendations from the project including the sponsor here)
- The project is realising operational cost savings of over $2 million per year for Jevco insurance.