To seek a rewarding career in software development with a company that offers room to grow and expand both personally and professionally.
Dec 1997 - Present
Software Developer - 2001-present
Associate Developer - 2000
- Solely responsible for all phases of the development cycle from design to implementation to QA to delivery for more than thirteen separate releases of a CTI Middleware product designed to integrate third party list management applications with proprietary predictive dialing platforms.
- Provide top-level support for internal and external customers, as required.
- Instruct internal and external customers in multiple capacities, such as teaching in a formal classroom setting, as part of less formal conference calls, and via media like e-mail and customer support message boards.
- Contribute to other development teams not under direct responsibility where needed.
- Draft changes to user documentation for implementation by technical writers, critiquing, editing and approving changes, as necessary.
- Prioritize development requirements, outstanding support issues and internal company duties to ensure timely resolution and delivery of action items at all times.
- Assist in the design and scheduling of project plans, product roadmaps and setting realistic time estimates for internal and external projects.
- Participate in customer focus groups and user conferences, as required to promote customer satisfaction.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with management, support and customer base to ensure appropriate flow of information.
- Selected and tested new platforms, both hardware and software, as dictated by technological advances.
- Migrated over 1 million lines of code from the SCO Openserver 5.0.7's Standard C Compiler to Redhat Linux Enterprise Release 5's GNU Complier, as well as migrating more than 50 shell scripts from SCO's Korn Shell to Redhat's bash shell.
Acting Customer Support Supervisor - 1998-2000
Product Support Engineer - 2000
Senior Techincal Support Engineer - 1999
Technical Support Engineer - 1997-1998
Assumed supervisory duties of the night shift after only one year of service surpassing other senior members of the team.
Improved communication between the night shift and upper management via written and recorded updates.
- Received a Director's Award for providing 24-hour service during New Year's Eve/ New Years Day as part of a team.
Received a Manager's Award for testing new releases of an outbound predictive dialing release during my off-hours while still performing regular duties during normal shift.
Effectively supervised 10 employees during night shift while also providing technical guidance as the highest-level support representative.
Part of a management team that improved customer satisfaction levels to the record levels in years.
Jun 1997 - Dec 1997
Reservations, Service and Support Representative
- Provided assistance and direction to potential and existing customers, while maintaining corporate standards.
- Empowered to override corporate protocol when deemed necessary without supervisory intervention.
- Promoted to the Premier Service Desk after only three months of service.
- Met or exceeded all performance expectations at every review.
- Received multiple awards from Premier Executive members. Each member only received two awards per year to be used at their discretion.
Jun 1993 - Jun 1997
United States Marine
- Learned and practiced the traits of good leadership in multiple capacities.
- Served as Platoon Computer Maintenance Representative, fixing tier 1 and tier 2 issues, providing training and assisting superiors in usage of personal computers and their applications.
- Received training in Lotus Smartsuite, passing on knowledge to others through informal instruction.
- Received the Good Conduct medal for three consecutive years of good and faithful service.
- Received the Overseas Service medal for serving in Okinawa, Japan.
- Received the National Defense medal for serving during a time of conflict as determined by Congress.
- Attended, excelled and completed the Corporal's Leadership course while stationed in Okinawa, Japan.
- Performed duties additional to assigned duties, such as supply, tool management, Marine Corps Integrated Management System clerk, platoon clerk, and assistant platoon sergeant duties.
Certificates of Completion
Completed training in the following disciplines:
- Visual Basic 6.0
- Microsoft IIS
- Microsoft Interdev
Feb 2006 - Present
Associates Degree In Applied Science (In Progress)
- 33 credits into a 64-credit Associates in Applied Science degree with a web design specialty. Upon completion of this course of study, credits will be transferred to a four-year institution for pursuit of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
- Areas of study so far completed include Java, XHTML, CSS,Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Flash Development.
Apr 1997 - Dec 1997
Certificate of Completion
Computer Learning Center
- Attended Computer Learning Center following Honorable Discharge from the United States Marine Corps. Started work at Siemens Enterprise Communications (then known as EIS, International) with one class left before earning the Certificate of Completion. CLC went out of business before the last class became available.