Electrical Engineering Intern
Field Engineering Services:
- Performed electrical maintenance testing and inspections for both Low and Medium Voltage systems in order to maintain safe and reliable operation. Such tests included Contact Resistance, Insulation Resistance, Transformer Turns Ratio, Capacitance and Dissipation Factor and Relay Testing.
- Managed small teams to complete services under strict time constraints.
- Provided emergency support to customers when issues with variable frequency drives, protective relays, circuit breakers, and capacitor banks arise.
- Acted as Liason between customers and their local distibution companies for SaveOnEnergy Incentives.
Example Projects: Co-Generator Commissioning, Annual Maintenance
Power System Analysis:
- Utilized Paladin Designbase software (formerly EDSA) to conduct Short Circuit Calculations, Arc Flash Hazard Analysis, Protective Device Coordination and Load Flow Analysis.
- Provided thorough reports and recommendations for the analysis performed.
Design and Build Projects:
- Designed various drive systems for specific applications.
Created panel layouts and schematics using AutoCAD Electrical.
- Selected and procured parts such as VFDs, transformers, circuit breakers, fuses, relays, power supplies, PLCs, etc.
- Managed and assisted with the panel build - Mounting and wiring power supplies, transducers, terminal blocks, relays, etc. and ordering additional partsManaged and contributed to the on-site system integration - For Larger systems, connected the various cabinets electrically and running power feeds from the facility's power distribution.
- Commissioned the system after final setup - Verifying that all protection is working properly and testing the system to verify proper operation.
- Reviewing the systems with inspectors for both Pre-Start Health and Safety Review (PSR or PSHSR) as well as field evaluation for electrical safety.
- Provided Emergency onsite troubleshooting for various Automation/Drive issues.
- Effectively programmed PLCs to ensure efficient and reliable operation of single and multi- drive systems.
Example Projects: AC and DC Traction Motor Test Stations, Mining Winches, and Winder Systems.