AIX - Linux Manager
The Coca-Cola Company -- Atlanta, GA
* Provide expert oversight of the outsourced provider and ensure delivery of quality service and function effectively in the "application sunset" project for AIX/Linux systems as key driver of efforts.
* Thoroughly assess and approve billable server counts, generate monthly customer satisfaction reports for UNIX, and monitor team performance metrics and drive-down issues.
* Oversee the software life-cycle end-of-life schedule and status including AIX, PowerHA, VIOS, HMC, GPFS, RHEL, SLES, SSH, sudo, and TSM clients.
* Keenly track all system updates and upgrades of AIX, VIO Server, HMC, and Linux(RHEL, SLES) and cradle-to-grave LCM.
* Hold responsibility for reviewing and approving billing for IBM hardware maintenance(HWM) and SMS software maintenance(SWM) support contracts.
* Perform server inventory records cleanup, inventory to ServiceNow CMDB migration, and transition to ServiceNow discovery.
* Played a vital part in the transition to new management and assumed a management role and function over the team.
* Rendered expert management and coordination with the architecture and engineering group and key clients which involved SAP basis, DBA, middleware, application support, development, internal/external audit, and project management teams.