- Towson MD
- [email protected]
REQUIREMENTS ENGINEERING - DATA ANALYST
July13 - Oct 14
• SME for Requirements Engineering SharePoint portal (admin for changes, updates, etc. policing the database for consistencies)
• Generate weekly reports on RE project timelines, responsible for team audits (extract data from SharePoint for managing working concepts)
• Provide monthly RE resource productivity data using Clarity CA (used for measuring statistics and setting individual goals)
• Assist management on a ad-hoc basis reporting yearly team statistics using MS EXCEL and PowerPoint as a presentation medium
• Collect six month rolling productivity data (Clarity CA) for the purpose of setting and measuring RE team goals
MERCHANT SOLUTIONS/CERTIFICATION ANALYST - Conversions/BAU
Aug 09 - July 13
• Monitor, capture and interrogate merchant transaction data
• Review HEX dumps and low level IP traces as a result of parse-failed test card data, format failures etc
• Provide UAT testing in First Data emulation environment
• IT support for TransArmor (First Data’s encryption at the POS)
• Manage client scheduling activities through SharePoint
• Manage weekly time tracking CLARITY CA
• *** Bravo Center Stage Award *** – awarded by peers for the Bank of America conversion project
PROJECT MANAGER / SR IMPLEMENTATION ANALYST Team Lead – DEX Implementation & Vendor Management Visa Inc/DPS –McLean Va
July 05 – December 08
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
• Client Customer Support-Visa/DPS (planning & implementation)
• Visa Direct Exchange (OCE/OCX U.S. Message Gateway)
• CCM Change Control Management (VIPER/NEWSCALE soft tools)
• Team and Project Leadership - Global Knowledge & AMA Project Management
• Endpoint Installation Support (over 10 years global field support) US and Intl.
• Vendor Management Support – technical SOW input/recommendations for (CompuCom, Unisys & NCR)
Team Manager / Visa DEX
Jun 97 – Jul 2005
Manage Visa’s US Direct Exchange endpoint installations staff that provide hardware support for member banks, merchants and third party processors. Determine staffing assignments and provide annual merit evaluations to upper management.
Provide guidance to staff members in order to meet our department business objectives and goals as part of our annual PPRS (Performance Planning Review System).
Provide ongoing technical support to NCR's program manager and Visa internal stakeholders as it pertains to BAU (business as usual) and special projects that require client hardware changes.
May 88 - Jun 97
Global Installation Support Services Visa US & Canada (Endpoint Installation Analyst) ** road warrior ** 75% travel
Provided endpoint installation support for Visa US and Visa Canada. This included proprietary software and hardware support for VAP's (VisaNet Access Point).
These platforms consisted of redundant IBM PC hardware and circuits using both AT&T and MCI to load balance credit card transactions at the user interface.
The customers of major financial institutions, merchants and third party processors. In 1995 and 96 worked exclusively in the Visa Asia Pacific office routinely testing client software configs. During this time traveled to Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, and Manila to perform both VAP hardware and software upgrades.
Jul 85 - May 88
• Network Operations Support (Base II)
Provide telecom support to Visa's Base II settlement system. Working analog circuit and modem issues on all three shifts.
Monitor data traffic for large financial institutions and merchants.
Test and repair with long haul carriers (AT&T and MCI) reporting circuit outages.
Dispatch and provide technical support to Motorola field techs for endpoint hardware failures.
• Single point of contact for NCR, Visa’s field service provider. Conduct weekly meetings with NCR and Visa internal stakeholders to determine performance and review project metrics for Visa’s client “refresh project”. The project consisted of 225 clients replacing endpoint routers and in many cases upgrade WAN circuits too. The project completed six months ahead of schedule with a cost savings of approximately $72 thousand dollars.
• Monitor department budget, ancillary costs, while managing staff productivity to ensure performances meet the expected individual PPRS goals.
• Promote a "team" working environment to meet department business deliverables. Perform routine customer satisfaction surveys to evaluate department goals and client services business objectives.
• Provide training recommendations to staff using Visa's LMS (Learning Management System) and conduct individual action plans as needed.
• Provide second level support to Visa’s NOC (Network Operations Center). Evaluate and resolve technical issues with rapid response. Responsible for department SLA's (Service Level Agreements) deliverables for Visa's internal customers and stakeholders.
• SME (subject matter expert) for Unisys and NCR Field Service Solutions. Provide day-to-day program management support to ensure corporate business deliverables are met. Included are: production support hardware implementation changes and engineering support initiatives.
• Execute BRP (Business Resumption Planning) responsibilities on a semi-annual basis to meet Visa's corporate business deliverables. The BRP exercise is to ensure routine work capabilities can be managed remotely with minimal or no impact in the event of an emergency.
Did not complete. Withdrew from school.
Associates in Communications
• Visa Stars - silver award awarded by peers in 2000 and 2002 for going above and beyond my work duties while contributing to the successful completion of several high visibility client implementations.
• First Data Bravo Center Stage Award - awarded by peers for the Bank of America conversion project.
• SEC training for Visa Inc, Bankcard Basics, Code of Conduct training for mid level managers, Workplace Violence Prevention, Harassment Prevention Training for Resource Managers
• AMA Management workshops included: Employee Performance Evaluations, Interviewing and Motivation Skills, Workforce Planning, Managing Difficult Employees
• OPS Management Soft Tools ° BMC Remedy VIPER/NEWSCALE applications for Change Control Management, and MIR tracker
• Dale Carnegie – accredited self-improvement and performance based training