- Developed application logic to assist clients with monitoring, reporting and evaluating hospital inpatient administrative data and its relationship to billing, reimbursement, compliance and regulatory reporting.
- Is responsible for the inpatient SMART development, including monitoring of regulatory and other industry changes affecting content and services.
- Monitors the coding compliance reports and directives from the Office of the Inspector General (OIG), Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) for incorporation into the SMART flags and reports.
- Provides PwC Health Industry Advisory (HIA) clients with relevant reference and educational information using social networking and web 2.0 technologies, e.g., wikis, blogs, Really Simple Syndication (RSS), instant messaging (IM), etc.
- Develops HIM coding and instructional material for advanced International Classification of Diseases Ninth Edition, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS) modules and inpatient prospective payment system (IPPS) learning and education.
- Works with IT developers to evaluate, modify and improve PwC software applications and deployment methods.
- Uses administrative databases, e.g., Medicare Provider Analysis and Review (MEDPAR), Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) and others to help improve coding data quality and reliability