Continuing Contract Teacher
Northern Learning Centre Choice Program
- Worked with all stakeholders to plan, promote, launch, and report on Northern Learning Center Choice Program.
- Worked successfully in a team teaching environment teaching all core grade 8 subjects.
- Collaboratively planned and delivered interdisciplinary projects to meet grade 8 and grade 9 outcomes.
- Worked with staff and students to create program specific definitions and assessment tools, and reporting procedures for draft cross curricular competencies.
- Networked with other educators throughout BC to share best practices in project based learning.
- Collaborated with all stakeholders to implement an effective bring your own device model in School District 57.
- Worked with staff and students to create a schedule that facilitated regular program wide connection time, split classes, and supported project based learning.
- Created an internet use agreement with students to share with parents.
- Collaboratively rolled out new reporting procedures specific to the program.
- Partnered with community businesses to plan and support projects, including a trip to CKPG TV, shoreline cleanup project on the Salmon River, presentations from RCMP members and a presentation from a local entrepreneur in video and graphic design.
- Collaborated to organize a grade 8 and 9 trip to Vancouver that included students, parents, and staff traveling together.
- Collaborated to write and implement Individual Education Plans and Behaviour Support Plans.
- Developed with staff and school board member a proposal to successfully secure funds for a school garden.