Litigation Support/Expert Witness
Bachelor of Science
2005 - 2008
Master of Science
A graduate level program designed for active professionals in fields related to criminal justice emphasizing prevention, detection, and prosecution of "white-collar" crimes.
Sep 1961 - Jan 1963
Oregon State University
1996 - Present
Forensic Accounting & Business Valuation Services
- Sole practitioner specializing in litigation support, business valuation, fraud investigation, and expert witness services.
- Private practices in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, Crescent City, California, & Brookings, Oregon.
- Provide accounting and tax services to individuals and business clients.
2009 - Present
- Teaching computerized accounting (Quickbooks & Peachtree) and Microsoft Office to post-secondary students at a "for profit" vocational school.
- Wrote the accounting theory textbook (about 175 pages) used throughout the school.
1998 - Present
- Taught a variety of accounting, computer, and general business classes to students with a wide range of backgrounds from recent high school graduates to students returning to school after many years.
- Particularly adept at simplifying and communicating unfamiliar subjects to non-accountants in an understandable manner.
Mar 2009 - Dec 2011
- I teach various accounting subjects to undergraduate students as a part of the university's ACCESS program providing undergraduate and graduate degree programs to adult learners. The classes are designed to combine on-line and off-line instructional methods to meet the needs of students with full-time jobs and personal commitments.
Aug 2008 - Dec 2011
Teach accounting to a diverse group of students most of whom have stumbled with major life problems such as teen pregnancy, gangs, drugs, incarceration, etc. These students have seen the error of their ways and are now trying to put their lives back together and prepare themselves to join mainstream America.
1980 - 2006
- Taught a variety of computer science and business classes at a local junior college.
- Devoted one year to teaching computer skills to a group of "hard core" unemployed individuals under California's welfare-to-work program.
1995 - 2002
Chief Financial Officer
Elk Valley Casino
- Managed the financial aspects of the Elk Valley Casino-a very profitable, moderate sized casino operated by a local Indian Tribe.
- Worked with the casino from the construction phase through mature operations. Established the internal controls, accounting and budgeting systems.
- As the second in command, my job carried me far beyond the traditional accounting related duties with direct involvement in casino operations, personnel, marketing and other areas.
1973 - 1996
Certified Public Accountant
Staff accountant and/or partner in several CPA firms located in California. Responsibilities included:
- Litigation support
- Computer consulting
- General accounting and income tax services
- Financial auditing
A skilled, experienced professional providing complex accounting, valuation and fraud related services to the legal community along with presenting evidence in the courtroom in a manner that can be easily understood by a judge or jury. Primary areas of practice include litigation support services to area attorneys, court appearances as an expert witness, dispute and collection resolution with various taxing agencies as well as the traditional roles of a CPA.
- Dissolution of marriage (many cases)
- Asset tracing
- Pension valuations
- Business valuations
- Income reconstruction
- Criminal law (prosecution & defense)
- Financial elder abuse
- Misappropriation of assets
- Civil law
- Fraudulent misrepresentation
- Lost profits
- Wrongful termination
- Personal injury
- Wrongful birth
- Construction contract disputes
- Partnership dissolution
- Breach of contract
- Administrative law
- Service franchise extension
- Employee termination
- Valuation engagements
- Fishing business
- Wholesale beverage distributor
- Law practice
- Construction contractor
- Medical practice
- High precision manufacturing
- Retail stores
President - Bethlehem Morning Star Rotary Club