Software / Applications
Systems Design and Integration
Network Design and Management
Sep 2008 - Present
Design and implement Wireless Sensor Networks connecting satellite sensors to corporate headquarters. Design, deploy, and maintain a secure LAN, which consists of servers, workstations, routers, switches, wireless access points, and firewall. Prepare budgets and managed expenses. Configure domain name services, e-mail, Web, and ftp services.
- Established technical infrastructure requirements, including disaster recovery, image deployment, NAS, and server applications.
- Implemented Virtual Private Network (VPN) to increase availability of field data at corporate headquarters and improve communications with field technicians.
- Established a company wide IT security policy and perform impromptu security checks of servers and networks to verify adequate virus protection and compliance with corporate procedures.
- Conduct training sessions to collaborate on future plans and coordinate IT development projects.
Jul 2004 - Present
Information Technology Consultant
Coordinate and deploy data and voice communications for small businesses. Establish technical infrastructure requirements, including voice communications, voice over IP, LAN/WAN, hardware/software applications, PBX, CMS, server applications.
- Analyze costs resulting in 30% reduction of redundant technology-related expenses.
- Defined requirements, then planned, implemented and managed server and data storage solutions, ensuring safe, stable environment for storage of electronic documents, code, and personnel data.
- Designed and Implemented network security solutions using Cisco IOS firewalls, Cisco Intrusion Detection System (IDS), and Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS).
Oct 2003 - Jul 2007
Validation Engineering Manager
Managed project planning and implementation activities for validation engineering projects. My project teams provided functional, performance, and reliability testing on mission-critical IT equipment for global and regional clients.
- Supervised engineers involved in $40,000 to $800,000 engagements.
- Interact internally with sales teams, design engineers, and managers.
- Communicated externally with senior systems administrators, database administrators, database managers, and other managers.
- Lead research and development of new computer architectures and test methodologies. Managed $250,000 departmental inventory and managed a server farm up to 40 servers.
- Analyze data and perform corrective action procedures to ensure continuous improvement of validation processes and procedures.
May 2000 - Oct 2003
Validation Test Engineer
Executed functional, reliability, and regression testing of single-board computers, which incorporated various architectures, such as PCI Express, PCI, PCI-X, IDE, SCSI, SATA, CPCI, SAS, and PMC.
- Configured servers, switches, and SAN/NAS for hardware testing and data storage. Participated in the product design process by issuing problem reports during beta testing.
- Developed test scripts in C++. Installed and verified the compatibility of operating systems and applications.