I am currently a senior at Loyola University Chicago pursuing a B.B.A. in Marketing with a Minor in Sport Management. While working on my degree, I also apply myself outside of the classroom and incorporate what I've learned by taking part in jobs, internships, and school clubs in the Chicago area.
Aug 2010 - Present
Front Desk Sales
• Greet and assist members with administrative tasks such as paying bills, changing credit card information and filing guest profiles; see up to $3,000 per shift.• Consistently meet monthly goals in tanning, pro shop, and café sales (starting goal: $900/month, current: $2,900/month).
Jun 2010 - Aug 2010
Event Operations/ Marketing Training Camp Intern
• Sold tickets to special events throughout the season as well as promoted the Chicago Bears Extra Points Program. • Worked with corporate sponsors in executing daily hospitality events at training camp. • Conducted autograph sessions with players; Staffed youth camp, customer service desk, and interactive kid zone.
Oct 2009 - May 2010
Marketing and Sales Support Staff Intern
• Sold game tickets, scanned tickets at the door, helped out with in-game promotional activities, and worked ticket and sponsorship information booth at all Men’s and Women’s Basketball games. • Assisted with marketing promotions throughout campus for all sports.
Oct 2009 - Apr 2010
Ticket Sales Representative
• Met nightly personal and group selling goals for 50/50 raffle tickets. • Promoted the CharitaBulls foundation as well as the Chicago Bulls.
May 2009 - Aug 2009
Market Research Intern
• Researched new expansion opportunities for recruiting firm to broaden candidate base. • Gathered market research by networking with industry leaders, created a final report, and presented to upper management.
Aug 2009 - Present
Bachelor of Business Administration
Loyola University Chicago
President, Business Dean's Advisory Council (Present):• Coordinate all communications with the Dean of the School of Business as well as the advisor.• Moderate meetings, including calling for a vote. • Work with other officers to create agenda for meetings. The agenda is authored by the president and forwarded for officer approval prior to the meeting. • Organize and administer any special events. (Or assign duties, to subcommittees)Operations Director, Sport Management Club (Present):• Schedule meetings with regular intervals and document proceedings.• Aide in the writing, photography, and distribution of the Sport Management Newsletter once a semester. • Volunteer at Chicago Blackhawks Fest, Chicago Marathon, and Chicago Bears Expo.Marketing Director, Sport Management Club (2010-2011):• Created and distributed all marketing materials for meetings and club events. • Assisted in the planning and execution of special events.Historian/Web Designer, Business Dean's Advisory Council (2010-2011):• Maintained a thorough record of Council happenings and events (i.e. pictures, survey results from events, roles of committees and officers, information on Business Today speakers, etc). •Website maintenance (HTML coding)
•Dean's List 2009-Present
Aug 2008 - May 2009
Bachelor of Business Administration
Marketing Consultant, Moosejaw Outfitters (2008-2009):• Delivered specific marketing recommendations to the company after working on a campaign throughout the year in Marketing Mix Club.Chapter Liaison, College DECA/DEX (2008-2009):
• College DECA is a marketing case-study competition organization which seeks to build leadership, public speaking, and networking skills. I competed at state and international level where I was a Top 10 Finalist and had the #1 Case Study Score in the Hospitality Division (See awards section).
Membership Enrichment Committee, Eli Broad School of Business Student Senate (2008-2009):• Elected to help create a representative body of 40 business majors concentrating our time to improve the quality of life for all students in the college. As part of the Membership Enrichment Committee, I was partly responsible for the organization of the Student Senate Fall Retreat and Spring Corporate Site Visit to Louisville, Kentucky.
• Dean's List 2008-2009 • DECA International Competition: Orlando, FL 2007- Award Of Excellence for Chapter Awards Program • DECA International Competition: Atlanta, GA 2008- Award Of Excellence for Chapter Awards Program • DEX State Competition 2009- 3rd in Hospitality Business • DEX State Competition 2009- 3rd in Sales Manager Meeting • DEX International Competition: Anaheim, CA 2009- 3rd in Case Study for Hospitality Business