- Master Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma Methodology. - Expert in Kaizen event for rapid project execution. - Certified PMP (Project Management Professional) - Masters in Business Administration (MBA) - Masters in Computer Information Systems (MS-CIS) - Numerous IT certifications. - Over 17 years of Professional Business Consulting experience at the C-Level.
Apr 2009 - Present
Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Sr. Consultant
XONITEK Corporation is a management and technologies consulting firm with a worldwide presence and reputation for excelling in the optimization of business synchronization. XONITEK provides expert consulting services to companies around the globe. These companies embrace technologies as a means of expediting the collection and analysis of information so that people can identify, design and implement strategies that enable them to thrive in a rapidly changing global economy. XONITEK consultants are business people first, and technologists second. We understand how you can leverage advances in methodologies and technologies to enhance your competitive edge. Our experienced professionals possess a depth and breadth of technical, functional and industrial skills. Even as we adopt new ideas, practices and technologies, XONITEK will never stray from its traditional values. With results and returns on investment in mind, we assess how the company and its strategies fit within the company itself - it's people, technologies and processes. Always with our eyes and minds to the future, we help our clients reap maximum benefit from their logistics today. We make sure that the infrastructures are in-place to support the demands of tomorrow. XONITEK is committed to turning strategic insight into tactical action for our clients. In doing so, we provide them with high-quality, leading-edge, industry-focused, services and solutions, wherever they do business. We consider the entire reality of the organization to develop solutions that drive value in an increasingly competitive and dynamic business environment.
Mar 2007 - Present
Six Sigma Live
- Six Sigma eLearning, LLC provides live interactive online Six Sigma business excellence education, consulting, and certifications for: ASQ, IIE, and SSEL - Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, and SSEL Certified Six Sigma Green Belt. - The program is available to government agencies, corporate clients and individual learners world-wide. - SSEL's unique Interactive eCourse Technology (IET) provides the most fertile learning environment through its Virtual Classroom. - IET accelerates the learning process and provides training cost reductions of up to 70% when compared to the costs associated with the traditional classroom.
Feb 2007 - Present
Sr. Consultant Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Taygan Consulting, Inc.
Taygan Consulting’s mission is to help struggling companies thrive and help thriving companies maintain their cutting edge. - We believe that something is only worth doing, if it is done well. - Each of us works with a sense of urgency and pride in what we do. - We are not merely interested in the completion of a project, but motivated by the desire to meet a higher standard of excellence. Taygan Consulting is a boutique consulting firm offering big company experience at independent rates. - It is very important to us to improve the efficiency of your business as well as make the process of change as painless as possible. - Each member of the Taygan Consulting Team is an empowered decision maker with a proven track record. - We pride ourselves in sending the right people, with the right experience to get the job done. - What Taygan Consulting offers is an assessment combined with the ability and desire to execute that plan.
Feb 2007 - Present
- Steven Bonacorsi is a Senior Master Black Belt instructor and coach. - Mr. Bonacorsi has trained thousands of Master Black Belts, Black Belts, Green Belts, Project Sponsor/Champions and Excutive Leaders in Lean Six Sigma DMAIC and Design for Lean Six Sigma process improvement methodologies. - Curriculums, tools, project management coaching, and executive level consulting
Apr 2007 - Mar 2009
Vice President - Lean Six Sigma
the AIT Group
- Since 1998, we have helped many companies world-wide deploy Lean Six Sigma to remove waste, increase speed, reduce variation and eliminate defects. - We take pride in the thousands of people around the globe whom we have developed in Lean Six Sigma competencies. - AIT Group’s Lean Six Sigma services can be delivered through our Knowledge Transfer methodology (employee skill development) and also through our Professional Support services (direct project support). Why is our approach so successful? - We identify your organization’s competitive requirements and use benchmarking to quantify the gaps. - We focus our joint efforts on the high impact, most strategically aligned improvement opportunities. - We work hand-in-hand with our clients to jointly develop a strategic path forward that is based upon a quantified and validated business case. - We help mobilize your company for change by involving all levels within the organization.
Feb 2007 - Jul 2008
Cowan and Associates
- Cowan and Associates (C&A) is a management consulting firm serving the public and higher education sectors. - A team of seasoned professionals, C&A provides strategy, supply chain management, program management, IT advisory support, performance management, change management and business process improvement services to help clients achieve superior results. - C&A was founded in 2000 as a Veteran-owned Small Business and has offices in Arlington, Virginia and San Diego, California. - We have an exceptional staff of consultants and our client portfolio includes the Department of Defense, The United States Agency for International Development, The Environmental Protection Agency, The University of Virginia and other Federal and State Government Organizations and their contractors. - Our history is one of superior performance and our small size makes us exceptionally responsive.
Jun 2007 - May 2008
Lean Deployment Program Manager
Hertz Local Edition
Led the Hertz Local Edition (HLE) off-airport Lean deployment for the Global Hertz Improvement Process (HIP) program. Lean Sensei from the AIT Group participated in the assessment & diagnostic phase (Hotels, Free-Standing, FBO, Dealerships, Insurance, and hybrid site types); The Quality Group provided the "Lean Principle" e-learning training deployed to over 40,000 employee's. Managed the re-modeling design of the free-standing HLE operations to effect over 3000 locations during the replication plan. Kaizens were executed including (Vehicle Rent & Return; Outside Customer Sales; Customer Pickup & Return; Vehicle Preparation; and Fleet Management) with directors & GM's across the US regions. Led the design & execution of the Lean Deployment Plan, Report-outs, & Kaizens utilizing VSM, 5s, Kanban pull systems, VA analysis, team training, & action plans for visual workplace, standardized work, and document center for SOPs, safety/policy guidelines, & lean best practices.
Jun 2004 - Feb 2007
- Business consultants in Lean Six Sigma, Complexity and Fast Innovation, Assessments and Strategy Consulting. Clients in Services, Transactional and Manufacturing in both public and non-public sectors. - Industries include: Pharma, Federal, Retail, Financial and many more, we are Global with strong positions in Europe & North America. - Mr. Bonacorsi worked as an Engagement Director/Principal on global accounts including Xerox, Brystol-Meyer Squibb, CoorsTec, OnsemiConductor, United Space Alliance, Eli Lilly, US NAVY, HB Fuller, Washington Mutual, Ecolab, Best Buy, and US ARMY. - Generating annual consulting sales ~$4M in new business and $2-3M in build-on support services. - Develop Lean Six Sigma DMAIC and DMEDI Curriculums for Master Black Belt, Black Belt, Green Belt, Yellow Belt, White Belt, Sponsor, and Executive Leader, Deployment Champion, Kaizen Master, Kaizen Leader, Lean Practitioner training programs. - Generated client savings of over $250M
2004 - 2006
Master Black Belt / Director of Lean Six Sigma Consulting
- Steven Bonacorsi performed as the Engagement Leader overseeing the first deployment of Lean Six Sigma within the Federal Space. - Led the NAVY Kaizen program which captured more than $10M in direct cash savings during the first year. - Owned and managed the development of a full set of Federal LSS Curriculums. - A key member of the Core Deployment Leadership Team. - NAVY oversight included NAVAIR, SPAWAR, CNIC, NAVICP, NAVSUP HQ, COMFISC, NAVSISA, NOLSC, DLA, NAVFAC, USMC, SEAFAC, DASN, OSN, ONR, and SECNAV. - Steve was the Master Black Belt that led Secratary of the US Navy, Dr. Donald Winters through the Congressional Response Kaizen that reduced the cycletime from an average of 8 weeks to less than 6 days.
Sep 2004 - Jan 2005
Lead Master Black Belt / Senior Consultant
- Steven Bonacorsi designed the first 4-week Lean Six Sigma Black Belt curriculum for pharmaceuticals using JMP statistical software. - Steven performed as the Master Black Belt training the 1st wave of Black Belts, as well as project identification and selection of the charters, coaching the first wave of Black Belt projects for a combined savings of $85M. - Developed the DMAIC tollgate templates used in project execution and reviews.
Jul 2004 - Oct 2004
Master Black Belt / Sr. Consultant
- As a Master Black Belt and Sr. Consultant, Steven led the Lean Six Sigma instruction during the Launch of the Xerox global Lean Six Sigma deployment. - Steven worked with leadership in a hybrid e-learning/classroom instruction environment, where black belt and business leader speakers were incorporated. Steve also coached team projects, reviewing charters, project elements, and team effectiveness techniques. - Training instruction and facilitation involved teams in the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, Denmark, Russia, Ireland, United States, Brazil, China, Spain, Turkey, and Australia. - Steven also assisted in curriculum development with a Xerox service customization, additionally led the development of the LSS/ITIL/CMMI assessment tool.
Jun 1998 - Jul 2004
Master Black Belt
GE IT Solutions
Steven held numerous roles while working at General Electric, including as the Location Manager for the MITRE Account where he first earned his Green Belt Certification. Then as a Black Belt (wave 2 from GE Capital) over seeing GEAE accounts, Gillette, BMW, United Health Care, Ecolab, Boston School District, MITRE and Pfizer. Then as the Master Black Belt overseeing Med Systems, Kaizer Perminente, Levi Strauss, GE Consumer Finance, and many more. Steven led curriculum development programs such as the version 2 BOK for DFSS - DMEDOV methodology, earned is CAP train-the-trainer, certified workout instructor, numerous managerial rewards, developed the 3-day Green Belt Resource CD for the Siggy online training, and co-led the ACFC Six Sigma program.
Jul 1999 - Jun 2004
Master Black Belt and Ops Manager
Master Black Belt for GE Information Technology Solutions, Operations Manager for the Professional Services Group. - Led over 100 Projects and Coached hundreds more. - Applying Lean, Six Sigma, ITIL methodologies to over 50 fortune 500 companies globally such as Ecolab, United Health Care, Childrens Hospital, Gillette, GE Air Craft Engines, GE Capital, GE Medical Systems, GE Consumer Finance, BMW, Pfizer, Kiezer Permanente, Levi Straus, BMW, Boston School District, GEMS-IT, and dosens more. - Certified trainer in Change Acceleration Process (CAP) and "WorkOut". - Awarded the GE Managerial Award 6 times. - Selected for executive management training at GE Crotonville’s as top 1% of GE employee performance 2003 - Lead GE Capital Quality Six Sigma “For The Customer, At The Customer” project initiatives 2001.
1998 - 2004
General Electric ITS
1999 - 2001
- Steven held numerous roles while in working at MITRE - Received the CIO award, the highest achievable for his leadership of the Department of Defense Y2K system upgrades and again when he deployed the first pilot of Windows 2000 across 50 remote locations on over 10,000 systems. -Steve managed P&L of $6M with ~50 direct reports -Delivering IT Managed Services (helpdesk, onsite break fix, move, install/, add, change, decommission, networking, web services, and professional service consulting) - Partnerships included SpaceFitters, Price Waterhouse Coopers, IBM, Dell, Gateway, Hewlett Packard, Remedy, Microsoft, Cisco, Nortel, and CompuCom,.
Nov 1998 - Nov 1999
- IT Consultant; ERP; Operating System Deployments; WAN and LAN Implementations; Break Fix Technical Engineer support; Networking Support. - Steven co-led the enterprise-wide deployment of Windows NT accross Putnum Bank. - Steven developed the remote site dispatch model for GE and used across their IT service accounts as the break/fix response industry best practice.
1998 - 1999
- Steven oversaw the 2nd largest restaurant of the 23 privately owned in operation. - P&L responsibility of $23M with ~100 direct reports. - Steven built a Just-In-Time inventory process with cellular workflow stations that improved revenue performances from a restaurant performance rating of #13 to #2 in just 10 months. - Steven also built high fuctioning teams with a historical seasonal turnover of 33% that he reduced to 22%. - Steven oversaw the daily operation of this 300 seat restaurant and bar for fresh New England seafood. - Responsibilities included vendor/supplier management, employee supervision and development, and general restaurant operations oversight.
2002 - 2002
Finance and Accounting, Marketing solutions, International Business, Economics
2001 - 2002
- Applying APPML, ASP & XML - Object Oriented Database Design - Oracle & SQL Designs - Database Application Development - System Analysis & Network Plans - Data Communications and Networking - Win2k, Novell, Linux, Exchange - LAN Design, Implementation & MGMT - MGMT of System Development - Advanced Operating Systems - Quantitative Analysis and OM - Production & Operational Management - Legal Issues in Business - Business Law - Inventory simulation & Queuing Systems - Computer Simulation and Modeling - Decisions in Economics - Macroeconomics - Financial Decision Making - Financial Management - Decisions in Economic Principles - Microeconomics - UML and System Analysis - Object-Oriented System Analysis - OOA/OOD using JAVA - Object-Oriented System Design - Individual & Group Interaction - Human Behavior in Organizations - Cost Accounting/Financial Planning - Managerial Accounting - Web Design/Internet/System Design - Management Information Systems
1999 - 1999
Granite State College
- Business & Network Management - Contemporary Management Issues - Business Speeches & Presentations - Presentational Communication - Business Management & Environmental Issues - Environmental Heritage - Behavior in Organizations- Men & Woman in Management - Network Management Integrated Exp. - Microsoft NT & Networking (MCSE)
1998 - 1999
NH Technical Institute
Additional GE Capital IT Solutions - Computer Based Training Programs: - Overview of JAVA - Java Tools - Managing Risk & Capital Budget - Budget & Financial Management - IBM Visual Age for Java - Designing Object Oriented Programs - Project Management - Scope - Project Management - Quality
1994 - 1995
- Macro/Micro Systems - Introduction to Computers - Computer Science - Computer Database Management - Business/ Computer Science - Word Processing Applications 1 & 2 - Computer Spreadsheet Applications - Social Science
1989 - 1990
- Human Services & Management - Issues in Research - Human Services & Counseling - Social Philosophy - Human Services & Business Management - Race, Religion, & Culture - Men & Woman Relationships in Business - Human Services & Project Management - Mobilizing Resources - Human Services & Project Management - Projects and Change
1987 - 1989
- Steven won the New Hampshire State Governors Award 3 years in a row in 1987 for his development of the New Hampshire State teen help program "Straight Talk"; again in 1988 for his K-12 work with "Here's looking at you 2000" self-esteem building program and in 1989 for "NHTI" that organized teen groups nationally to share support networs for kids in need. - Interviewing & Screening Tools - Interviewing Practice and Theory - Managing Group Dynamics - Group Counseling - Human Services/Counseling - Human Service Seminar - Human Growth and Development