An accomplished IT executive with proven expertise envisioning and leading large scale J2EE based e-Business technology initiatives and supporting Sales, Service and Marketing functions in global Fortune 500 organizations. Demonstrated ability to create strategic IT plans, build credible, trusting relationships with senior business stakeholders and achieve cross-functional business objectives. Consistent, effective leader of high integrity with results-driven focus developing IT implementation roadmaps and leading delivery of transformational solutions designed for maximum return at lowest possible costs.
Mar 2006 - Feb 2009
VP Global Customer Technology
Responsible for FTI’s Development and Management of Enterprise Applications and projects supporting Global eBusiness, Sales, Marketing and Service Divisions worldwide. Managed $16M annual base budget and 200 multi-tiered staff in 7 countries - six direct reports including five Directors and one Sr. Manager.
- Led the global branding and redesign of Franklin’s Advisor website project based on Web 2.0 and Agile development methodologies. Use of Linux and other best in class open source technologies will reposition Franklin as an industry leader in online self servicing, sales and customer experience.
- Advisor to business leaders; educating and appraising stakeholders about status, challenges and opportunities of growth and how IT can enable and deliver projects that have high ROI
- Spearheaded deployment of Siebel 7.8 CRM and SoD (SaaS) across Sales Divisions. Project was delivered using offshore/onshore delivery model in record 11 months across 700 users.
- Responsible for the operations, monitoring and support of ~65+ server data center; environment included Cisco 6500 series networking switches among other data storage appliances which provided a high availability, scalable and secure non-production Dev, QA, Performance and Staging servers.
- Negotiated multiple multi-million dollar enterprise software license agreements with vendors including BEA, Siebel software saving the firm more than $5.5 M through favorable pricing.
Jul 2000 - Mar 2006
Director, Global Customer Technology
Led Planning, Architecture and Development activities supporting e-Business, Sales and Marketing Divisions Managed $11M annual budget and 110 FTEs in 6 countries including 5 direct reports.
- Directed and program managed development, launch of enterprise-class self service website http://www.franklintempleton.com based on best-in class technologies in 2002. The website won numerous awards from Kasina and Dalbar for High Availability, Performance, Reliability and User Experience in 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007.
- Spearheaded automation program of Marketing Operations value chain resulted in $1.25M savings by streamlining business processes related to marketing resource planning, project coordination, budgeting and vendor relations.
- Exceeded expectations in implementation of Fund Fact-Sheet generation system for Global Marketing division. The application enables publishing of fact sheets and other marketing artifacts in various languages and automates critical business processes. Reduced Global Marketing annual budget by over ~$700K. Recognized by Computerworld for this transformative solution in 2005
Oct 1998 - Jul 2000
Lead Technologist- Luxury Travel Initiative
French luxury retailer headquartered in Paris, France with a market cap of 29.1 Bn Euros in June ‘07.Technology Lead – B2C Luxury Travel Venture (1999- 2000)
Led the Technology effort for B2C luxury travel startup initiative intended to service the rich and affluent in US and Europe.
- Led the development effort for the eCommerce web-site with a leading systems integrator. Managed $8M project budget, developed project schedule and deliverables.
- Represented LVMH in negotiations with system integrators and key technology vendors which secured strong, scalable and reliable technology infrastructure.
- Spearheaded vendor due diligence and product evaluations of technologies including web hosting and managed service providers to host the web-site and presented the final recommendations to the CEO.
Sr. Technical Consultant-DFS Division (1998-1999)
Responsible for management, performance and maintenance of SAP R/3 application, software upgrade, hardware and database on IBM’s AS/400 platform.
- Completed major project lifecycle implementation of ERP software SAP financials for LVMH as a team BASIS Manager. Application was launched in the US, Switzerland, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
Apr 1996 - Oct 1998
Sr. Management Consultant
Sr. Management Consultant- Entertainment Media and Comm. Practice (1996-1997)
For a major Hollywood studio in Los Angeles, successfully developed a Digital Content Management system integration strategy and a working pilot for Ad/Pub Marketing Division which resulted in deployment of a major system, saving the company approximately $3M in royalties to film stars.
Sr. Management Consultant- SAP Practice (1997- 1998)
Member of the project team implemented SAP Financials, S&D and Warehouse Management modules for a major high tech company in Santa Clara, CA.