I am looking for a job doing public relations in sports. My dream would be to work in the NBA.
Aug 2014 - Dec 2014
Media Relations Intern
Idaho State University
- Write sports press releases including topics such as the release of polls and schedules of sporting events.
- Interviewed athletes and wrote feature stories.
- Updated websites such as schedules and bios of athletes.
- Proficient social media skills
Aug 2011 - Dec 2014
ISU Involvement Center
- Work Study position; only work during each school year, summers off.
- Perform excellent customer service.
- Perform office tasks such as copying, faxing, answering phones, taking messages and filing.
- Efficient in Microsoft Office and Excel.
May 2014 - Aug 2014
Medford Rogues Baseball Club
- In charge of in-game promotions
- Acted as MC during baseball games
- Interacted with the crowd
- Proficient at speaking in front of large crowds consisting of 500-750 people.
- Efficient at customer Service
- Worked the ticket booth
- Operated the ticketing system
- Concessions work
- $400 ticket package sales to small businesses
Aug 2013 - Dec 2013
ISU Athletics Marketing Department
- In-game promotions
Aug 2010 - Dec 2014
Bachelor's Degree Arts and Letters
Idaho State University
Communication emphasis in Public Relations
Minor in Marketing
Savannah Young was born in Vernal, Utah but moved to Boise, Idaho when she was four years old. Young tried her fair share of sports throughout her life including multiple styles of dance, gymnastics, tae kwon do and many others. However the one sport she found she was good at, and fell in love with, was cheerleading. She has the bubbly, outgoing personality that's needed and she loves to perform in front of large audiences.
Young cheered for four years from eighth grade to 11th grade. During her senior year in high school she had to make a hard decision between Encore, the auditioned choir, or varsity cheerleading because of expenses and time commitment. She chose choir because she had been in choir for eight years and it had always been her dream to make it to Encore.
"As hard as the decision was, I still think to this day I made the right decision," Young said.
However, one thing cheerleading taught her is how much she enjoys sports. This is when Young realized she wanted to work in sports. The three internships she has had the opportunity to work in were all sports-related and it reassured her that she wanted a career in sports and to persevere towards her goal of working in the NBA.