Sales, Marketing and Events Manager
Comfort Inn & Suites Plano East - Plano, Texas
- Executed all aspects of the sales and marketing plans to surpass revenue goals using innovative means. This included selling guestrooms, meeting space and other hotel services to new Corporate and Social clients as well as growing existing accounts.
- Responsible for overcoming a 2 year void of any sales effort in the market and establishing renewed client interest in the hotel that was open throughout renovations and a brand change (from IHG to a Choice property) in 2015.
- Offered guests assistance whenever possible; answering inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services, conducting site inspections with prospective customers, preparing and presenting proposals, responding to RFP's in a timely manner, negotiating contracts, pricing, and pricing as well as resolving escalated customer relations issues.
- Successfully coordinated all event logistics: created contracts, wrote Banquet Event Orders, organized files and paperwork, scheduled event staff, managed event equipment inventory, coordinated event room set ups, ensured successful event execution, delivered final reports and managed folios/payment.
- Accountable for creating and utilizing sales reports by; maintaining well-organized documentation and accounts; accurately proposing rates that are fiscally beneficial for the hotel; and presenting reports in various sales and hotel staff meetings.
- Waged successful marketing campaigns, increasing sales while improving the popularity and integrity for our brand. Created concept and copy for branded publications including flyers, brochures, badges, invitations and other sales collateral for diverse clients and projects.
- Fostered a robust, sustainable network of buyers from multiple demographics, ranging from Social to Corporate groups and Events. Leveraged strong listening, presentation and closing skills to optimize sales despite previously dominant competitor advantage.
- Created and managed hotel web sites, including all outlets of the social media, effectively directing internet traffic and increasing the Hotel’s over all online presences.
- Sold & coordinated events as large as 5000 people and entire facility buyouts for up to 137 overnight rooms and 12,000+ square feet of event space - event space sales totaling over $400,000 in just the first year. 88% Clients responded to event surveys as "extremely likely" to recommend this service to a friend or colleague.
- Established property specific standards and best practices for hotel sales, events and marketing associates. Within 6 months was given the responsibility of sales and marketing for a 2nd hotel as well as 2 associates whom reported directly to me and I personally developed.