District Director, eLearning Technologies
Cuyahoga Community College
• Leads a team of five educational technology professionals with the dual purpose of eLearning operational support and driving cutting-edge, innovative projects.
• Provides strategic direction for college-wide eLearning projects including initiating and leading a college-wide project to evaluate and transition to a new Learning Management System (LMS), collaborates as a member of a team of executives and administrators responsible for an academic technology integration strategic plan (1Student1Record), and initiates and leads cutting-edge projects including MOOCs, gamification and game-based initiatives, and social media technology usage for teaching and learning.
• Institutional driver of innovative eLearning projects; co-wrote and led project for Tri-C’s MOOC funded by the Gates Foundation; led the college-wide team for a multimedia streaming platform; expanded college-wide edugaming initiatives; member of Emerging Teaching and Learning Innovations Committee, a partnership between the AAUP and college administration.
• Directs eLearning technical operations and projects, including the administration and front-end support for Blackboard Learn, Adobe Connect, Camtasia Relay, SoftChalk, Sharestream and others, including directing and supervising all upgrades, associated college-wide communications, and Tier III and IV support for faculty and students.
• Manages direct reports, including Learning Systems Administrator, Senior Analyst/Programmer, Manager of Next Generation Learning, eLearning Technology Specialist, and Coordinator in addition to supporting the progress and development of all team members in the department.
• Manages budgets for eLearning technologies, including tools specific to the department, as well as college-wide costs, including interfacing with vendors on competitive pricing structures.
• Systematically crafts operational processes that are purposefully transparent, accessible, and efficient by simplifying methods for internal collaboration.