I am a graduate of Western Michigan University with a BS in Interior Design with a minor in General Business. Through my academic career I have been able to complete projects in corporate, health care, residential, educational, and non-profit sectors. My internship at TMP focused on K-12 educational projects. I also had the opportunity to participate in two ASID charettes featuring a retail project and residential project as well as an NCIDQ design charette.I am a hard-working individual eager to learn and gain experience in all fields related to design. I am a self-starter who can work individually or in a team, collaborative environment in a timely and efficient manner.In the future I look forward to taking the NCIDQ exam to become a certified Interior Designer and becoming a LEED accredited professional.
- Interior Design Student Organization – Member
- United Campus Ministries – Alternative Spring Break Site Leader
- Alternative Winter Experience – Site Leader
- Timely and detail-oriented
- Developing floor plans utilizing space planning skills
- Experience presenting and working in teams
- Creating hand and computer rendered perspectives
- Coordinating and selecting furniture, finishes, and materials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledgeable in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, SketchUp, and Microsoft Office Products
Reliable, task-oriented individual seeking an entry-level interior design position where skills and creativity will be utilized to drive the design process.
- Graphic Design
Sep 2008 - Apr 2009
- Gained experience in primarily K-12 educational design projects
- Assisted interior designers in developing plans and reviewing schedules
- Selected finishes and materials
- Designed several floor and wall patterns
- Prepared presentation materials including SketchUp models, CAD drawings, and finish boards
- Maintained resource library
Dec 2007 - Oct 2008
- Responsible for training and orienting new student callers
- Interacted with alumni to maintain current records and achieve fundraising goals
- Raised over $8,000 and obtained 182 pledges for the university
Sep 2005 - Apr 2009
Bachelor of Science
Minor: General Business
Dean’s Academic Scholarship
Michigan Competitive Scholarship
Academic coursework has included projects in health care, office, educational, and non-profit sectors.
Participated in NCIDQ and ASID design charrettes which included residential and retail projects.