Jan 2012 - Apr 2012
East River Development Alliance
- Reviewed over 1300 federal and state tax returns and electronically transmitted them using Tax Wise software
- Supervised a team of a dozen tax preparers, volunteers and interns to ensure client satisfaction, while successfully completing tax returns following IRS regulations.
- Advised clients on tax codes, payment plans and strategies to minimize taxes owed for future tax purposes.
- Reached out to clients in case of rejected returns, or inquiries regarding their tax returns
- Maintained and gathered data for statistic reports using Tax Wise.
Jan 2011 - Apr 2011
·Certified by IRS to complete individual tax returns for the 2010 tax year
·Interviewed clients and obtained sensitive information for filing taxes
·Prepared and filed federal and state income taxes using Tax Wise software
·Responded to customer inquiries, maintained good customer relations and solved issues
·Maintained the inventory of active and completed cases of clients' tax returns
Apr 2010 - Aug 2010
U.S. Census Bureau
·Planned work by reviewing assignment area to determine the organization of neighborhoods and locate households to conduct interviews
·Conducted interviews with residents in assigned areas by following stringent guidelines and confidentiality laws
·Explained the purpose of the census interview, answered the respondents’ questions and elicited information following a script and recorded census data on forms
·Complied with accuracy and confidentiality standards while maintaining high production rates
·Maintained records of hours worked, units produced, quality control results and expenses incurred in the performance of duties
·Met daily with supervisors to review and submit work and receive additional instructions
Aug 2009 - Oct 2009
Customer Service Representative
- Contacted shareholders of a large mutual fund to solicit proxy votes for the upcoming shareholder meeting.
- Provided accurate information regarding the proposals
- Received a Quality Assurance score of 100 on phone calls.
- Accurately recorded shareholders' votes over the phone and entered them into the system using Tel-Athena software.
Feb 2008 - Jun 2009
Hunter College Recreation and Athletics
·Maintained records by entering updated data as members borrowed athletic equipment for use
·Organized the athletes’ laundry by number, name and sport
·Handled the cash receipts made by guests wishing to use the recreational facilities
·Upheld responsibility of college property by keeping accurate and detailed information on file
·Performed clerical duties such as answering phones, taking down messages and sending out packages
Fitness Center Supervisor
- Accounted for every participant by entering their data into the system and collecting proper identification
- Enforced the rules and regulations set by the Athletic Directors and supervisors.
- Provided information regarding the fitness center to various members of the Hunter College community.