My overall objective is to work in editing and publishing.
Writing and Editing
May 2013 - Present
Reporter and Photographer
I covered university events for the school paper, The Penn. I wrote new stories and took photos to accompany the stories in the print version.
Here is the link to my recent article:
Jan 2013 - May 2013
During the Spring 2013 semester, I was the managing editor of the journalism department magazine, The Lede.
- Set deadlines
- Hold weekly staff meetings
- Assign staff copy-editing assignments
- Set up publishing and printing details
- Write a feature story
- Copy edit feature stories
- Addressing issues in a timely fashion
ONLINE VERSION OF THE LEDE:
Jun 2011 - Aug 2011
I completed an accredited summer internship at The Tribune-Democrat, Johnstown's daily newspaper.
- Copy edit
- Paginate news pages
- Layout and design
- Team process and headline creation
May 2010 - Aug 2010
Nursing Education Intern
I completed a summer internship at Johnstown's hospital in the Nursing Education Department.
- Producing and polishing educational material
- Organizing classes
- Producing and polishing advertisement material
- Creating PowerPoint presentations
Jan 2010 - May 2010
Research Writing Class Mentor
During the 2010 Spring semester, I was the class mentor for my research writing class. My English professor assigned me a variety of tasks as a class mentor.
- Student support
- Planning and delivery
- Worked with the professor on content development and evaluations
- Provided feedback on student assignments
- Checked for correct in-text citations and bibliography citations
Aug 2009 - May 2003
Bachelor's of Arts (Double Major)
I will graduate in May with a double major in English, with an emphasis on writing, and journalism, both in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences.
I was also a four-year member of Indiana University of Pennsylvania's women's basketball team.