Learning & Development Manager
Mar 2010 - Nov 2015
OpenText technologies – India
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis to identify the training needs pertaining across all the departments of the organization.
- Meet with the eligible employees and their line managers to identify KSA requirements both in technical & behavioural aspects.
- Plan departmental/ functional forecast costs and allocate the training budget as per the priorities of the organizational goals.
- Identify internal and external trainers to fulfil the training needs.
- Responsible for preparing annual/quarterly/monthly training calendar and also ensure that they are well executed.
- Work with the Content Development team in designing the learning content ensuring that it is in line with the functional requirement.
- Publish learning dashboards to the management team and work with them to meet all the learning objectives of the organization including mandatory compliance training.
- Responsible for delivering training on soft skills like Presentation skills, Communication skills, Time Management, Team Building, and other behavioural training programs like Business etiquette, Assertive communication, Meeting etiquette, etc.
- Promote and adopt various methods of training and learning like on-the-job training, e-learning, mentoring and web based trainings/ seminars.
- Design and deliver Induction program to new hires and frequently update induction training material with the latest and relevant information.
- Create the training modules which not only facilitate smooth On-boarding but also ensure preparedness of new hires for ‘on- the- Job’ process training.
- As part of training evaluation, collect employee feedback at the end of every learning and development intervention, and provide reports to the stake holders associated with them.
- Provide regular feedback to the employees in an effective way which will boost their productivity, accountability and help them strive towards continuous improvement.
- Design an effective process for evaluation of learning by utilizing best practiced frameworks that will help assess ROI of the training.
- Schedule and conduct regular meetings with the management to seek areas of improvement in terms of training and ensure the quality of training is always progressive.
- Monitor the training attendance and put in place the corrective actions if needed.
- Maintain all relevant training records and generate monthly reports.
- Participate in business and management discussions to understand business priorities and goals so that there is strong contribution in process improvement initiatives.
- Deliver appropriate individual and group coaching sessions to the staff, in-house trainers and management teams.
- Work closely with the HR team to develop mechanisms and frameworks to design career paths for the employees. Provide administrative support in implementing these career paths.
- Extend active support in implementation of the organizational initiatives for overall development of the organization.