Design & Development of OAC-Mission Software for the LCA (TEJAS)
Indian Air force
Design, Development and Testing at Unit level.
IBM Rational Apex Ada 4.2.0c
TESTING TOOL :
IBM Rational Test Real Time (RTRT)
The purpose of the OAC (Open Architecture Computer) project is to design and develop Mission and display software. The OAC system is responsible for avionics central processing functions, external equipment interfacing functions and cockpit-dialogue equipment functions, and display functions. OAC software is partitioned in to two software items: OAC-MASTER and OAC-DS.
PROJECT #1: Development of Avionics Software for MF-UFCP to Interact with OAC.
MF-UFCP:Multifunction Up-Front Control Panel
Multi-Function Up front control panel is an interface for pilot's dialogues with Avionics system for quick data entry of various system parameters, and also functions related to some equipment and also updating flight data to OAC2 and Display processors. MF-UFCP or Mf-UFCP interacts with OAC through RS422 links.
- Implementation and display of Attack data page on MF-UFCP.
- Implementation and display of Derby/Python equipment page.
- Implementation of flight page, airfield page, waypoint page on MF-UFCP.
- Updating all system parameters to mission data base during flight.
- Updating system parameter and implementation to OAC2-RX subsystem.
- Preparation of software Requirement Specification (SRS) for the MF-UFCP.
- Unit level testing for the Avionics Software of MF-UFCP.
- Integration level testing for the MF-UFCP System at the Test RIG.
- Host level testing for Computational procedures.
PROJECT#2: Development of Software Requirement Specification (SRS) Document.
- Preparing Usecase change notices for the new requirement.
- Updating the Usecases in SRS Tool (Rational Requisite Pro Tool) based on change notices.
- Designing UML model for the requirements in Rational Rose Model Tool.
- Generation of SRS Report using Rational Soda Tool.
- Preparing amendments for the new requirements for Global specifications.
- Development of OAC master Software for the subsystems Design change history required in Physical layer, Logical layer and Presentation layer.
- Fusing of the application software into OAC hardware on VxWorks platform.
- In suiting of the application software in to Light Combat Aircraft.
- Pre-Installation Test of theapplication software in Test Rig and Real Aircraft.
- Preparation of ECN and checklist for PI test.
- Management of OAC's Hardware.