Sales Application Engineer
- Development and management of the bid plan and formal responses to new business and account retention tenders worth up to 150 MM USD.
- Interpreting client requirements, developing strategies and approvals for bids and proposals submission.
- Meeting with clients to pre qualify requirements to ensure that all submissions are compliant.
- Project management of tenders and proposals from initial review to drafting submissions and revisions and post submission feedback through to final reporting of the outcome.
- Working closely with Sales, Finance and Operations teams to develop pricing models to meet the clients requirements whilst developing a commercially profitable proposal adhering to internal and external governance documentation.
- Management of internal bid authorization reviews.
- Tender analysis and reporting.
- Management of supplier and partner relations for bids.
- Carrying out market research and analysis on market, industry and competitor activities and trends.
- Was recognised and rewarded by the GE's Rotating Machines business leader for my expertise and role in building a new product sales configuration tool for GE's synchronous generator product line. It helped achieve the following:
- Empowers proposal/tendering engineers and verticals to generate quotes independently and remotely.
- Increased cost accuracy by 6%.
- Costing cycle time reduced from 2 days to 1 hour.
- Defines standard building blocks and cost structure for the entire Rotating machine Platform enabling other Rotating Machine product lines to be added into the existing structure.
- Supports structured product offering commercialization.
- Achieved an excellent rating for my tendering accuracy and highest on time bid delivery ~97% resulting in a 4% increase in win/loss ratio YoY.
- Lead and coordinated the effort to create a standardized Inquiry To Order workflow for the Rotating Machines platform across 4 rotating machines sites (in UK, France, Brazil & Canada). It helped achieve the following:
- Introduced more control and rigour into the ITO process from RFQ to Handover.
- Increased visibility and tracking of high priority deals enabling the product leadership team to prioritize and allocate resources to these high priority deals.