Planet Energy Corporation, Toronto, ON
Vice President of Database and Information Technology (2015–Present) $15M P&L 50
Global Members Director, Database and IT (2014–2015)
Manager, Database and IT (2013–2014)
Privately owned, fastest growing ~$25M natural gas and electricity provider in North America supplying affordable energy solutions along with rapid customer acquisition and service via innovative business systems. ~200 employees.
Promoted twice to direct end-to-end technology and central administration for company branches, overseeing ~50 IT and business staff; $15M budget. Manage head office corporate database and applications, supporting teams in coordinating application strategies, establishing vendor relations, and overseeing projects and production. Align IT and business priorities while facilitating security/information management, infrastructure, data and cloud technology operations. Foster trusted relationships with key internal/external stakeholders.
- CLOUD PROJECT: Eliminated 100% legacy system and cut both manpower 30% and downtime from 90% to 99.99%. Developed 3 private cloud data centres in Toronto, Miami, and Montego Bay, Jamaica over 4 years.
- BUSINESS ANALYTICS SYSTEM: Managed delivery of $3.5M strategic implementation of Business Analytics system, PS financials integration, business intelligence, and data warehouse modules for Planet Energy business transformation—executed project on time and 5% below budget.
- IOT & BUSINESS ANALYTICS PROJECTS: Mitigated need for billing vendor; reduced customer-serving overhead cost 28%. Developed and led new
system build, capturing customers’ utility usage from smart thermostats.
- JAMAICAN OFFICE: Lowered customer service cost 30% and complaint calls 15%, achieving flexibility to hire additional specialized resources. Launched new market in Caribbean, working with 20 managers/staff.
- BUSINESS ANALYTICS PROJECT/MACHINE LEARNING: Increased renewals 28% and reduced churn rates 30%. Deliverables included Machine Learning; Analytical Model. Met customer needs via utility usage patterns.
- IT MIGRATION: Delivered minimal service disruption to stakeholders via strategic hardware migration plan.
- Spearheaded Hybrid Cloud solution involving 100+ Windows and database servers — reduced ~75% OPEX cost and 2% DT.
- Saved $35M+ in 5 years.
- Designed and deployed data warehouse solution.