- Interests outside of the professional realm include reading, walking, traveling, spending time with my family, and volunteering.
- I have been married for 28 years. My husband and I are the proud parents of three daughters and grandparents of one new granddaughter.
- I enjoy volunteering in children's ministry at Frederick Boulevard Baptist Church. Other volunteer activities include Open Door Food Pantry, YWCA Women's Shelter, and Pregnancy Resource Center.
- I have participated in medical mission trips to Northern Mexico. I am hoping to become involved in a new missions opportunity in a Guatemalan orphanage in the near future.
Michelle Beauchesne, DNP
Corinne Ridens-Dale, DO
Jill Ariagno, PNP
Douglas Evans, MD
Jotishna Sharma, MD
Cynthia Brownfield, MD
Examples of employer comments from annual evaluations.
Examples of patient comments compiled from satisfaction surveys and letters.
Evidence Based Practice
Electronic Medical Record Use
Oct 2008 - Present
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
Participated in a merger that transitioned pediatric care from previous work setting to a hospital-based clinic.
- Manage a wide variety of acute and chronic conditions and perform well child exams among a primarily Medicaid population, including many non-English speaking families.
- Participate in APN Orientation and Mentorship program; precept graduate and undergraduate students from University of Missouri,University of Kansas, Graceland University, and Missouri Western State University through the Area Health Education Consortium. Provide shadow experiences for high school students interested in pursuing health care careers, and serve as a speaker at various events.
- Member of Community Health Needs Assessment Task Force on Childhood Obesity; developed Clinical Practice Guidelines and flow chart for identification and treatment of overweight and obesity; work with Children's Mercy Hospital and Weighing-In Kansas City to bring 12345 FitTastic! concepts to St. Joseph area.
- Involved in Fourth Grade Challenge, a community supported outreach activity to encourage fitness among elementary students.
- Involved in transition to Accountable Care Organization. Familiar with importance of care managers, medical home, and meaningful use.
Aug 1995 - Oct 2008
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
Family Health Center
Employed as a primary care provider in outpatient pediatrics.
- Worked in a Federally Qualified Health Center serving mainly Medicaid and uninsured populations.
- Participated in precepting students on both graduate and undergraduate levels from University of Missouri in Kansas City and Missouri Western State University.
- Helped develop Electronic Medical Record.
- Served on Governor’s Task Force for Prevention of Lead Poisoningand United Way Success by Six Speech and LanguageSubcommittee.
- Completed course in Command Spanish, a language training class for healthcare professionals.
- Attended training in Sexual Abuse Forensic Exams.
- Assisted in Foster Parent Medical Training.
- Taught Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
(Clinic name changed during term of employment from Youth Health Center to Family Health Center; operated under Heartland Regional Medical Center, then Northwest Health Center, and finally as a merger of the two.)
Aug 1986 - Oct 1997
Saint Luke's Hospital
- Staff Nurse, Adult Medical Unit
Oct 1994 - Aug 1995
Worked with PhD instructor in organizing and interpreting data to evaluate the risk behaviors among adolescent survivors of childhood cancers.
Oct 1987 - Aug 1995
Parkland Medical Center
- 10/94 - 8/95: Relief Administrative Assistant / Nursing Supervisor
- 12/88 - 10/94: Charge Nurse, Adult and Pediatric Unit
- 10/87 - 12/88: Staff Nurse, Adult and Pediatric Unit
Jan 2012 - Aug 2013
Doctorate of Nursing Practice
- Implemented universal blood lipid screenings for all 9-11 year olds according to the recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatrics and the guidelines of the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute.
- Developed original parent questionnaires to evaluate impact of teaching about risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
- Submitted manuscript to the American Heart Association.
- Nominated for Martha Hill New Researcher Award.
- Informatics for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Population Health in Advanced Practice Nursing
- Interdisciplinary Leadership and Role Development for Practice Excellence
- Health Behavior
- Philosophical, Theoretical, and Conceptual Foundations for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Design and Statistical Analysis for the APN
- Health Policy and Politics: Implications in Health Care
- Application of Best Practices
- Scholarly Project Development
- Scholarly Practice Project
Jul 1994 - Sep 1995
Master of Science in Nursing
Completed required coursework in:
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Theories of Nursing
- Well Child Care and Practicum
- Childhood Health Problems and Practicum
- Adolescent Healthcare
- Research I & II, Nursing Informatics
- Professional Issues
Grade Point Average Earned: 3.979Clinical Highlights:
- Children's Medical Office, Dr. David Ansel, North Andover, MA
- Growth and Nutrition / Failure to Thrive Clinic, Children's Hospital, Boston, MA
- Family Development / Child Abuse Clinic, Children's Hospital, Boston, MA
Research: Evaluation of parents' perception of quality of care on an integrated adult and pediatric
Aug 1983 - May 1986
Bachelor of Science
Mount Mercy College
Completed required course work and clinical activities.
Member Sigma Theta Tau National Honor Society for Nurses.
Aug 1982 - Aug 1983
Kirkwood Community College
Completed basic college level courses in preparation of transferring to nursing school.