Jul 2012 - Feb 2016
Jan 2010 - Jul 2012
Transamerica provides innovative and flexible life insurance and segregated fund products, services and solutions - all designed to improve the lives of Canadians from every walk of life.
- Responsible for online initiatives across various web and micro sites
- Manage all electronic marketing initiatives
- Work with the business units and marketing teams to create and deploy effective and results-orientated e-marketing
- Develop methods to monitor site access patterns to identify customer habits and use them to develop effective online marketing strategies, tactics and programs to influence customer
- Conduct and manage research and reports regarding online trends to help identify the most effective electronic marketing techniques that can be utilized (competitors, industry and general
- Proactively seek out customers/stakeholders for requirements/feedback of website improvements and enhancements
- Ensure content and functionality requirements are developed through the work request process and that scope is complete, clear and concise and consistent with the defined user experience.
- Develop regularly scheduled scans of AEGON Canada's external websites for accurate and up-to-date content. Manage updates and make recommendations.
- Manage online development and projects within strategic timelines
- Develop process, documentation and control adherence to web standards in alignment to corporate, product and/or industry(web) practices/standards
- Develop and drive the online marketing plan to build competitive advantage and support strategic business objectives
- Responsible for implementation and management of cloud communications development including impactful messaging, workflow development, tracking and reporting and expansion of communications capabilities and impact.
- Facilitate competitive, industry and general research, reporting on online trends to help identify the most effective electronic marketing techniques that can be utilized.
- Assisted in the development of detailed business requirements and functional specifications for the redevelopment of all AEGON Canada web properties.
- Developed web content development process including online web forms and tracking database.
- Facilitated and developed cloud-based communications utilizing Silverpop including management of newsletter design and development process, automated communications programs and management of and reporting from multiple databases.
- Developed multi-tiered SharePoint 2007 site for collaboration in and with the eMarketing department.
Jun 2007 - Jun 2009
National Marketing Manager / Editor, PhotoNews Magazine
Amplis is the exclusive Canadian distributor of over 30 brands of globally recognized, professional imaging products for photo, video and digital industries and individuals. Its core suppliers are leaders in innovation, reliability, durability and versatility.
- Developed the product release process for marketing and sales in order to deliver products to the retail market in a more timely, effective and satisfactory manner.
- Reduced the costs to develop PhotoNews while increasing the frequency of the magazine from 3 times per year to 4 and increasing the page count, attractiveness and effectiveness of the magazine.
- Increased paid advertising for PhotoNews.
- Developed a budget tracking and monitoring database and process.
- Developed a supplier marketing reporting database and process.
- Restructured the marketing department to enable more efficient and effective business.
- Organized the marketing promotional materials for access and tracking.
- Assisted in developing a more effective showroom.
- Developed an effective trade show process and presence.
- Developed a web strategy for consumer-based marketing.
- Sourced effective and interesting contributors for PhotoNews magazine.
- Increased communications with customers and press.
- Increased presence in national media.
- Developed effective relationships with national advertising partners.
- Launched the following web properties: manfrotto.ca, tamron.ca, photoflex.ca, quantum-flash.ca, balens.ca, rolleicameras.ca, rolleicameras.us, kata-bags.ca, krusellbags.ca, harman-inkjet.ca, hahnemuhle.ca, lumiquest.ca. (broncolor.ca in development)
- Managed photonews.ca, amplis.com and secure.amplis.com.
- Launched and populated photonewsmag.wordpress.com. Entries
- Created a clearance centre on photonewsmag.wordpress.com to sell discontinued products through Paypal.
- Developed content for Wikipedia.org to support Canadian brand recognition.
- Developed relationships with MarketNews, Outdoor Photography Canada, Here's How, Canadian Geographic, Home Photography.com - for both print and online presence.
- Developed relationship with The Toronto Zoo for unique marketing opportunities.
- Facilitated a successful warehouse sale (over 20K in sales of discontinued inventory).
- Expanded PhotoNews distribution to include NMSO inkjetted copies to all Department of National Defense bases. (the NMSO or National Master Standing Order is a code to indicate that the supplier is authorized and approved to sell to the Department of National Defense – the code must be included on all purchase orders)
Dec 2005 - Jun 2007
Manger, Marketing Deveopment
- Developed the project development process for marketing and creative services in order to deliver projects in a more timely, cost-effective and satisfactory manner.
- Developed and wrote manual for company-wide branding guidelines to ensure that all materials met brand standards and illustrated the appropriate level of professionalism to reflect the organization.
- Developed overall marketing collateral plan to eliminate wasted and stale material.
- Edited and wrote marketing and communications pieces in order to maintain a consistent voice and an effective marketing message in all collateral and correspondence.
- Developed business case to reduce printing costs by approximately 66%.
- Managed budget for marketing, creative services and Chartered Life Underwriters Institute in order to reduce costs and monitor expenses.
- Manage creative services team to deliver consistent, effective marketing collateral.
Apr 2001 - Dec 2005
Project Manager, e-Business
Canada Life is the oldest Canadian life insurance company and delivers investment and insurance products to groups and individuals.Project Manager, Business Connectivity, Senior Marketing Communications Consultant
- Delivered overall individual insurance brand strategy and definition in order to ensure that materials created by all business units met defined standards.
- Presented brand strategy to Canada-wide marketing centres to educate staff on the brand and how to implement the brand in all materials being presented to customers.
- Implemented the overall strategic planning, direction and delivery of an award-winning individual insurance broker extranet, individual insurance internet and business-to-business initiatives.
- Created training and orientation materials in order for users to quickly understand complex technology.
- Coordinated the marketing and information technology teams in the creation, development, delivery and communication of industry leading secure extranet online applications and B2B (direct data delivery) initiatives.
- Managed relationship between technical leaders and business owners to provide informed business decisions for individual online services.
- Communicated with external customers (Managing General Agency principals, National Account Managers, IT Resources) to identify business and technology needs and to train on new deliveries to ensure that resources were utilized on effective projects and that customers were up-and-running on new technology.
- Managed content and strategic team members’ day-to-day activities.
- Developed product collateral, including marketing catalogues, forms, sales strategies, PowerPoint presentations and web site content development.
- Managed relationship with marketing and communications suppliers and agencies.
- Responsible for planning, writing, editing and design of printed and electronic marketing and communications materials for individual life insurance products.
Jun 2000 - Apr 2001
Senior Artist responsible for copy-editing, design, production and distribution of printed incentive materials for this captive-agent insurance company (part of Aon).
- design and production of printed incentive materials
- distribution of incentive materials
- copywriting, proofing and editing
- technical support for department Macintosh systems and PC systems, Fiery servers, colour copier/printers
- software evaluation
- scanning, photo editing, file conversions
Jul 1992 - Nov 1999
Marketing Creative and Website Coordinator
Marketing Creative and Website CoordinatorDesktop Publishing CoordinatorDesktop PublisherMarketing AssistantResponsible for coordinating the development and activities for the marketing, website and desktop publishing services for this major downtown law firm.Responsibilities included:
- design and creation of all printed marketing materials (portfolio available upon request);
- coordination of advertising schedule, service and placements;
- research, planning, design, implementation and maintenance of internet and intranet sites;
- establish and track $500K+ annual budget;
- liaise with 140+ local lawyers and 700+ international lawyers;
- liaise with international marketing contacts for joint marketing projects;
- tracking of referrals;
- planning and running of meetings and teleconferences;
- planning marketing strategy and measuring and reporting results of all events and campaigns to administration, partnership and executive;
- co-ordination of international practice groups;
- generation of international branding and development of international marketing materials;
- selection and service coordination for printers, suppliers, service bureaus;
- research, acquisition and coordination of internet information, materials, and utilities;
- design and creation of live presentation materials;
- design and maintenance of databases;
- design and maintenance of desktop publishing system (Macintosh system, Fiery print server, scanner, colour printer, laminator);
- on-staff micro-support in FileMaker Pro, Quark XPress, Power Point, Word, Excel.
I am an avid amateur photographer with a strong interest in both nature and architecture. I have previously had a pet photography business Mutt Moments, for photographing and printing pet portraits on canvas.
I have extensive technical skills in various programs for marketing, email marketing, design and business applications on both the Mac and PC platforms: Acrobat, Aperture, Director, DotNetNuke, Dreamweaver, Excel, FileMaker Pro, Freehand, Google Analytics, iDVD, Illustrator, iMIS, iMovie, InDesign, Internet Explorer, iPhoto, Lotus Notes (mail, and Domino-based content management system), Mini CAD, Netscape, Ofoto, Omniture, Outlook, PageMaker, PageMill, PhotoShop, Pointforce, PowerPoint, Premiere, Quark XPress, Safari, Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly Exact Target), Sharepoint, Siebel, Silverpop, Sound Edit, SmartDraw, Strata Vision 3D, Streamline, Pointforce Enterprise, Word, Visio; network troubleshooting, design and installation, software needs analysis, system software installation and analysis, hard drive management.
I am experienced in marketing, communications and web development in services industries (legal, financial) and in retail. I am well regarded by my peers and my superiors because I work hard and I work smart. I learn quickly and I work hard. I apply logic and effective process to everything that I do and I am willing to jump in to accomplish any task.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- A successful track record in development and execution of effective, print and e-business, brand and promotional campaigns.
- A proven ability to lead, develop and retain a high performance team and to achieve results that meet both long and short term business objectives.
- Business and high-level technical analysis skills.
- Strategic planning and business development skills.
- Skilled in presenting to and writing for various audiences in various media.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- High level of computer skills.
- Strong relationship building abilities.
- Extensive experience in building and maintaining brands.