To obtain a position as an English Teacher that will utilize my strong dedication to children’s development and to their educational needs. As a fully qualified teacher with varied experience, there’s much I can offer to the education of high school students.
May 2014 - Aug 2015
Brandman University - MAT. S.E. (English)
Jan 2010 - May 2012
Brandman University - B.Soc.
Mar 2012 - Present
Santa Maria Joint Union High School District
- Maintains normal classroom routine; overseeing student behavior and discipline.
- Teach or instruct students according to lesson plans.
Feb 2014 - Jun 2014
English Teacher (Long-term Substitute)
Pioneer Valley High School, Santa Maria Joint Union High School District
- Instructed students in English language arts, including writing, reading comprehension, speaking, listening and understanding.
- Developed English lesson plans in line with CCSS: Planned English lessons to meet curriculum standards.
- Modified assignments and activities to meet the learning needs of individual students.
- Evaluated the students’ class work and assignments: Graded tests, essays, reports and other assignments – Regularly provided students with feedback in line with the faculty assessment systems.
Sep 2012 - Feb 2013
Teen Center Program Manager
Boys and Girls Club of America
- Responsible for overseeing the delivery of a broad range of teen programs in the areas of Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles, and Good Character and Leadership.
- Planed, developed, implemented, and supervised programs and performed related administrative duties.
Sep 2007 - Nov 2011
- Maintained quality store operation ; developed enthusiastically satisfied customers.
Jul 2006 - Aug 2007
Substance Abuse Counselor
Heritage House, Southern California Drug and Alcohol Programs
- Provided individual counseling, case management, treatment planning, and progress reports.
- Conflict resolution and crisis intervention.
- Interfaced and collaborated with staff members on programming issues.
Jan 2002 - Jul 2005
Child Development Supervisor/Program Manager
Orange County Rescue Mission
- Individual counseling; conflict resolution between parents and children.
- Developed action plans as well as weekly evaluations; facilitated parenting classes.
The ability to communicate effectively with superiors, colleagues, and staff. Possesses good presentation and communication skills that ensure students learn the material presented as well as they can.
Cultivate self-discipline to perform tasks and take action. Motivated to influence students to take action.
Planning and Organizational Skills
Excellent planning and organizational skills. Place high priority on an organized environment to ensure teaching is optimized.