Medical Social Worker Intern
Grady Memorial Hospital
- Conduct initial bio-psychosocial assessment with patients.
- Advocate for the patient and their family needs in different settings: inpatient, outpatient and in the community.
- Evaluate and suggest the appropriated type of in-home help required by a newly discharge patient.
- Work with substance abuse patient with treatment/intervention plans for rehab placements.
- Work with the homeless population in providing housing and different resources to fit their needs.
- Operate as an intermediary between patients and the media community.
- Participate and daily staff meetings with doctors, social workers, and case nurse managers
- Send out referrals for the patients for nursing home, personal care placements