Leader / Counselor / Administrator
Sam Jones is a performance driven individual with a strong record of positive leadership and achievement. The creative self-starter organizes, communicates, motivates, and negotiates with individuals and organizations to determine and achieve their desired results.
- Proven leader within the business, religious, and civic communities with a demonstrated ability to increase patronage, leadership, and operating budgets.
- Founder, manager, and director of The Joshua Center, Inc., a full service professional counseling center with multiple sites (4), multiple licensed therapists (12), an Employee Assistant Program, and Master's degree practicum training program.
- Founded the Florida Marriage Enrichment Convention strengthening marriages and families for over twenty-five years.
- Reorganized and implemented the Grand Rounds and training programs for intern and resident medical physicians at the Eisenhower Army Medical Center, Fort Gordon.
- Chaired and served on Southern Baptist association and state boards and committees: Personnel Committee, Finance Committee, Christians and Jews, and New Church Starts. 2000 - 2002, Missions Coordinator, Salt Lake Winter Olympics. Organized, trained, and directed the work of 125 Baptist volunteers. Coordinated the Moldova Russian project. Commissioned and credentialed by the North American Mission Board (NAMB), Southern Baptist Convention (SBC).
- Chaired and served on various civic and community boards and committees: Downtown Developmental Authority, Chaired Historical Preservation Society, Finance Chair of Augusta Character City Project, Radio Host of Augusta Mayor's weekly radio program, Organization of Christians and Jews, Parole Board, Chaplain of the Christian Law Enforcement Association, Downtown Business Club, the Inner City Tutoring Program, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Governor Appointment to the Georgia State Composite Board of Licensed Therapists and Counselors.
- Experienced fundraiser raising over $500,000: $255,000 for political campaigns, $100,000 for The Birmingham Samaritan Counseling Center, $75,000 for Augusta's Character City, and funds for various charities and projects.