- Planning, Budgeting & Budgetary control. This entails planning and budget development, ensuring compliance with grant guidelines, Cash flow forecasting, proposal writing, financial analysis for management decision making and budget utilization monitoring.
- Procurement Management. This includes management of procurement process, pre-qualification of suppliers, ensuring safe custody of supplies and inventory control, coordinating tender award process and monitoring of contract implementation.
- Financial Reporting. This entails preparation and submission of accurate financial reports, bank reconciliations, funding requests, employee expense reports, balance sheet management and entering financial data into the system.
- Cash and Assets Management. Ensuring safe custody of cash and cheque book, maintenance of up to date records of cash disbursement, an accurate and updated fixed assets register and proper safe guard and utilization of assets.
- Risk Management. Ensuring timely settlement of supplier invoices, facilitation of internal and external audits, instilling financial discipline in advances and implementation of audit recommendations.
- Local partners’ capacity building. Review financial reports and transactions, review MOUs and funding agreements, building financial management capacity of local partners and supporting financial assessment of potential local partners.