H5 is the leading provider of information retrieval and document analysis services for Fortune 500 corporate legal departments and leading law firms.H5AP is ranked by NASSCOM as one of the Top 15 Exciting Emerging Companies to work in 2008. H5 is an information retrieval firm that helps law firms and corporations search, assess, and manage electronically stored information. Through a full range of advisors, document reviews, and litigation support services, H5 finds the information that clients need for litigation and investigations, compliance, and litigation readiness. H5 was also recognized with third rank amongst the fastest growing technology companies by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 Program
Role: Legal Analyst
As a legal analysist my job involves analysing & reviewing of client documents for the purpose of retention of their privilege information or exchange of their data during litigation.
- Review the Project Charter & access the Business Case.
- Collect the details of the Case History & the subject matter involved followed by the comprehensive documentation of the same.
- Post documentation thorough analysis of the history is carried out which includes the client areas of operation, the mode of services provided, background of the case & types of probable documents to be exchanged.
- Extensive research of the typical languages in the documents to arrive at stable interpretations.
- Applying subject matter understanding and up to date interpretations while reviewing the documents.
- Tagging the responsive documents and further analyzing their contents to track exact words and terminologies which can be further used to make systematic terms and filters to track more documents carrying similar languages from client's database.
- Finding innovative languages which can further explore the scope of research and find more relevant documents.
- Facilitating the brainstorming with the team to arrive at the commitment log with the details of who does what & by when, to prepare the project road map.
- Holding regular meetings to update the project team and the members from other departments on the progress of the assignment.
- Providing Daily Reports mentioning the details of cycle time for task completion of every activity delegated to the project team members. The adherence to the timelines is checked through this report & accordingly the changes are made in the project plan to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Updating the trends observed, progress and future work plan of the team in the Departmental and organizational meetings from a cost benefit perspective.
- Coordinating with San Francisco (Head) Office & find resolution to non solvent issues encountered by the project team onshore.
- Review the Milestone tollgates periodically along with the Functional Manager through dashboards & scorecards followed by the sign off from the key stakeholders.
- Compiling the final presentation & participating in the final read out to the client to provide key inputs.
- Post the completion of the project preparing the repository of project solutions for the unique queries & update the knowledge base.