M2M/IoT Technical Manager
ZTE Corporation (Pty) Ltd
- Working on ZTEsoft Zsmart CBS as part of the MTN IOT Platform.
- Integrating Zsmart CBS with OPCO CRM for Gy interface, Online Interfaces (RestFul & Soap) and Offline interfaces.
- Technical manager for the MTN Group M2M/IOT platform.
- Ensure platform is rolled out to 22 MTN OPCO's in a high pressure environment.
- Platform integration with OPCO's current IT/Billing/Core Network infrastructure.
- Performing POC's such as CDN(Content Delivary Network), NB(Narrow Band) IOT and NFV (Network functions virtualization).
- Working with the Enterprise business units of MTN to ensure clear requirements are defined and best feasible technical solution is implemented.
- Planning ahead with the MTN Group and putting together a comprehensive platform road map that meets the latest trends in the market and staying a ahead of competitors.
- Conduct case studies with MTN's customers in an effort to provide the best possible IOT technology package that addresses all requirements.
- Part taking in the platforms CAB process to review any changes made. Evaluating impact, risks and assessing the implementation plan.
- Performing presentations with MTN Cxx level and General Managers to discuss the roll out of the platform, any issues being experienced and new requirements that should be deployed.
- Ensuring the platform meets regularity's and governance such as South Africa's RICA process and one M2M standards.
- Working with cloud solutions and vertical applications such as smart lighting, fleet management and smart watering.
- Oversee the deployment of the online portals for the platform that help end customers manage accounts, sims, APN's and verticals.
- Responsible for Core network designs and implementation on platform such as SS7(Sigtran), Packet data protocols, GGSN's (GPRS gateway serving nodes), HLR (Home location registers and SMSC (Short message service centre).
- Deployment of price plan and packages on the platform that are obtained from MTN's enterprise business units that cover pricing, billing, business rules and scope.