Roles and Responsibilities: Handling major responsibilities pertaining to Procurement of various engineering Items used to facilitate the supply of Pipe Natural Gas (PNG) across the Mumbai region and the surrounding areas
Planning & Budgeting
Reporting to the Vice President of Contracts & Procurement with full accountabilities for the following areas:
- Planning Procurement Budget, defining the strategy/annual plan for the quality and quantity of procurement of goods or services for the various Projects sites across the Mumbai Region and ensure its implementation.
- Coordinating with the user departments at the beginning of the year to obtain their projected material and service procurement requirements,
- Working closely with all levels of management within the Company to determine the needs, develop strategies, plan, and provide procurement sources.
Contracts & Procurement
- Effective prioritization and processing of all indents/requisitions received vide procurement requirements pertaining to diverse departments. Ensuring the preparation and submission of purchase requisitions in the prescribed format by the user departments.
- Handling entire activities involving issuing tenders, getting offers from various vendors-sourcing functions, technical-commercial bid evaluation, Negotiations with vendors and pacing of orders(POs)/Rate contracts
- Timely Placement of Purchase Orders (Materials and Service Contracts) to national / international vendors and efficiently managing the supply chain.
- Following up with vendors for obtaining timely procurement of materials at favorable terms to ensure smooth execution of projects..
- Monitoring Stock levels of Project items and ensuring optimum level of material availability across all stores location of company thereby ensuring on-time delivery of goods in line with project requirement.
- Coordination with Finance/ vendor for payment and LC related issues, coordinating with CHA agent for custom clearance and submission of Bill of entries
- Managing various documents regarding receiving and dispatch of materials as per set norms. Maintaining up-to-date records of purchases, prices, suppliers, delivery details,
- Coordinating with Vendors, Engineers, QA Personnel and Projects Leads to ensure smooth flow of activities.
Vendor Management & Development
- Developing long-term partnerships with local & foreign suppliers; managing day-to-day supplier performance to ensure adherence of service, cost, delivery and quality norms.
- Identifying and locating new vendors, reducing nomination purchases ensuring more completions in pricing without compromising to quality and service.
- Conducting assessment of performance of the vendors (vendor rating) based on criterions like quality, delivery, price, reliability etc.
Coordination with Stores
- Regularly coordinating with the all the stores department across the company for confirming the receipt of material (incl. accuracy of quality and quantity)
- Ensuring regular accounting of spares and materials for the Project and Operations & Maintenance Departments.
- Ensuring optimum inventory levels to achieve maximum cost savings with minimum holding of stock, coordination with stores personnel for optimal management of storage areas and infrastructure to ensure smooth flow of operations.To coordinate with the Compliance & Audit team during Store Audits.
Management Information System
- Reporting Monthly MIS to Management on total no of cases executed within the given timelines and cost savings achieved through negotiations.
- To review the compiled inventory reports received from Stores Dept.(incl. Stock receipt & Consumption, scrap reports, obsolete and non-moving items)